Polaris ATV Forum banner

In need of some help!!!

631 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jgue498 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So ive been having trouble getting my 2000 Magnum 500 to start, Ive gone over the service manual and the start checklist provided on the forum.

I started by checking the spark plug to see if it had a good spark which it had but I also noticed that the plug was bone dry. I started by checking all of the fuel lines and the fuel pump(all of which are good). I then took the carb out to clean it and do a carb kit, when I took the carb apart the floats were also bone dry. I replaced the jets which were installed wayyyy to tight and now the carb and plug is getting gas. I did a compression test which read 85PSI, which apparently according to the service manual it should be plenty. When I try and start it the bike cranks but will not turn over, I have a good battery and a charger. On one occasion I had removed the fuel line from the pump to make sure the pump was pumping gas and the bike did turn over and ran for about 10 seconds but haven't been able to get it going since.

If anyone has any pointers they would be greatly appreciated, I am about to bring it in to the dealership to have them take a look at it but I am very hesitant do to previous experiences(having to pay ridiculous amounts for nothing).

Cheers,
Justin.

See less See more
#2 ·
Fuel, spark, compression and air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.