Any experience with bearing buddies? - Polaris ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic Section. Anything and Everything!

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 303British

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Any experience with bearing buddies?

Curious who has real world experience with bearing buddies?? I am picking up a trailer this week and was thinking ahead about them. I have read a few threads and seem to see people who say "I would never use them." Would love to hear the pros and con's, especially if you have experience with them....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 04:55 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Well if you want to put in the work you will always have the wheel bearings greased. Pro
They throw a lot of grease out when you drive and the wheels and rims are always greasy and the grease attracts a lot of dirt/dust Con
If you are running those little 8 inch rims especially with a boat trailer (High speeds and in out of water) I would use them
If you have 13 inch or larger rims i probably wont use them
sportsmandan likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
FWIW, I run them on every trailer I own, from my little 4x8 to the big boat, four place sled trailer, jet skis, everything. The ONLY bearing work I've had to do in the last five years was on the boat trailer. not because the bearing went bad, but because the hub bore that holds the race got hammered out. Bearing still felt like new. Aside from jacking up the trailer and checking for wheel play once, MAYBE twice per season, that's it. And I log thousands of miles on each of my trailers every year. Sled trailers get around 10,000 miles every year, boats around 5,000 each, same with the skis. just pump them full of grease once in a while, and you're good to go. JMO

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode