2014 Polaris sportsman 90 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Brakes & Suspension Have a question about your brakes? Need some suspension advice? Try this section for answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

2014 Polaris sportsman 90

My 2014 Polaris sportsman 90 has camber issue in the front tires. The top of the tire is leaning way in and the bottom of the tires is way out. Is there any ideas on what the problem is? Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:58 PM

You might consider checking to see if the front shocks are adjustable. Not sure of the technical term but they seem to set at the softest setting if they are adjustable. Look for a large lock-ring towards the bottom of the spring. Iím not an expert on shocks/struts but this changes my daughters 90cc wheel camber. Is the camber off with no one sitting on the machine?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:34 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Yes, it's simply the position of the wheel in it's travel arc - looking at the bottom of the wheel, they camber in at the bottom of the arc and camber out at the top of the arc - typical of the single a-arm suspension of the Chinese entry level quads.

Shop Owner and Mechanic with over 50 years experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Yes and it is extreme. I tried adjusting the shocks and it seems to make no difference.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:33 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Did you buy it new? If not, I wonder if someone changed the shocks and put on short ones. Maybe the shocks are stuck?

Get the quad up on a jack, basket or something to get the front end off the ground - take one shock off and let the wheel down to check it's camber.

Perhaps if it was purchased used, the PO was jumping with it and landing on the front end hard enough to bend the spindles.

Shop Owner and Mechanic with over 50 years experience
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:35 AM

Which hole is the top of the shock connected to? Mine also has what I think is too much camber. There seems to be two possible holes to screw the top of the shock into. One on the end and one just inside that one. Looks like if you move it to the outside ones on the ends then it will get rid of the camber. I'm just not sure if doing that will hurt anything else.

I have a 2016 Sportsman 110.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in