Fruad? - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

8Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 04:13 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

5 th belt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know you posted you had clutch issues but 5 belts .

2016 Scrambler 1000 xp
GSE single slip on muffler
Direction2 flares

2016 Sportsman 570 non ebs
Direction2 flares
ITP XTR radials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Well it's worth mentioning that I'm Canadian...no idea if we even have lemon laws but yes I had originally purchased the Polaris extended warranty everything I mentioned has been covered under warranty tie rod ends and wheel bearings just not ball joints and I replaced a caliper on my own....I'm thinking this thing was produced the day before or after the longest holiday you guys have because it literally breaks every or every other time I take it out. However because Polaris gave me an extra 3 years of free warranty due to all the issues and because I do love this thing I'm not hell bent on getting my money back. I figured I'd trade it off at the end of this season when I'm in Toronto where machines with high miles go to die lol it's definitely a lemon I'll agree with you there and yes it blew a belt maybe 50 hours in then chewed up one when the clutch housing seal let go and got wet then another at around 120 hours one in the fall but that was my own bad I was running it pretty hard in high gear and now this one. Polaris even covered two of them...once with the cover and now this one with the clutch.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

There is a big difference between complaining, and whining. This thread is evidence of that.

Let's see some pics.

"I beat the shot out of my machine, but I change the oil !!!! Why does it break ?!?! "

Derp
bobx2 likes this.

850 XP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle_Design View Post
There is a big difference between complaining, and whining. This thread is evidence of that.

Let's see some pics.

"I beat the shot out of my machine, but I change the oil !!!! Why does it break ?!?! "

Derp
Your welcome to follow me on Instagram and see how I ride it. ...again....it's only advertised as race proven race ready specifically gncc race ready and reliable and durable...if something is engineered to be race ready and race proven that gives the consumer the image that this is a rugged and very solid machine that should be able to handle the life of a hunter and motor sports enthusiast would you not agree.... perhaps your post is evidence of standard retardation....the fact that the dealership admitted that the company is knowingly commit fruad is evidence in and of itself....DERP
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 06:21 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

I am not claiming to be the fastest guy out there, but as many on this forum have seen me state, my Scrambler sees not one second of lax riding. I push this bike to its limits every ride.
I have over a thousand of what I would consider, maintained yet VERY solid miles on my machine.
I have replaced all wheel bearings, bushings, ball joints and my tie rod ends need replaced as of right now and I am on the stock belt.
Iíve never smelled my belt, seen smoke or felt it slip. I steer clear of mud and water at all costs.
I am cognizant of taking off from a dead stop especially while on an incline or with any obstruction that will make taking off difficult.
When coming to a stop, I make sure taking back off is easy on the machine when I can. When I canít and I need low, I use it like in the middle of a steep large rock hill climb. Any other time I take off at about 1/4 throttle to keep the belt from slipping like so many do by easing into the throttle.
Youíre on your 5th belt... either youíre hell on that thing or your bike has a problem!

2015 Polaris Scrambler XP1000
Red Bull Graphics Kit
Spider Graphix - Footwell Dacals
Mud Motorsports Gripper Seat Cover
Rogue Grille - Blk/Blk/Red
Pure Polaris Hand Warmers
Pure Polaris Thumb Warmer
GBC Grim Reaper - 26/9/14 - 26/11/14 on Hiper Sidewinder Beadlocks
All Balls Wheel Bearings FR/RR
ROX Speed FX Foot Pegs
CECCO Frame Braces FR/RR
CECCO Diff Cover
Uni Air Filter
EPI Clutch
Big Gun Exhaust
Moog SSB Upgrade W/ Custom Zerk
Powermadd Sentinel Handguards
Renthal G169 Grips

Gear
Leatt 5.5 V.05 Turbine - Helmet
Oakley Airbrake - Goggles
EVS Sport - Chest/Back Protector
OGIO Dakar - 3L Hydration Pack
Shift Recon - Pants/Jersey/Gloves
Alpinestars MXGP - Jersey
Alpinestars S-MX Air Carbon Mesh - Gloves
Alpinestars Tech 8 - Boots
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Oh I am most definitely hell on it. During my hunt I ride it easy slow low gear ect but recreationally I ride it like you see in the commercials...I never go in deep mud unless it's absolutely necessary to continue down the trail however I can usually Bush bash around it. Water is less of a concern because some of the only trails we have involve shale Rivers no deeper then 6 inches I do accelerate hard on it but there again race ready gnccc ect is my argument for that....they told me the secondary bolt was backing off causimg the washers to become misaligned which caused the clutch to actually sit tighter together stopping it from disengaging....I think it was just out of alignment period and in all fairness at 3400km I don't expect it to never break down but the fact that the dealership is admitting fruad is extremely concerning. How many other people have experienced the company do this and never knew....I'm fortunate enough that I have the balls to argue this crap and the ability to articulate my points better then most. I feel for the guys who buy these with the warranty and the company just bs them out of their contract so they never end up riding. I bought this machine because it's competition is the renegade and they specifically targeted the race inspired demographic. I wanted the pick up and go and edgy handling in the top end of a sport bike but the versatility of a 4x4 and the only bike at the time to offer front and rear racks was this. The only reason I have been able to get my stuff covered under warranty is because I keep it stock and I follow the maintenance routine as per the manual. Otherwise they would ding me on that. I ride hard but I maintain it very well....like I said...my problem is less of an issue with it breaking down but the admittance of fruad directly from my dealer....that's something that needs to be investigated by the company. Toys break.... probably not this often however 3400km in two years 9 months of which spent at the dealer for repairs....that's a lot of ride time in a short period of time....pay to play but the fact that they give ppl a hard time about warranty and that they gave clearly tried to defruad me is extremely concerning.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM

I see a lot of posts like this and it scares me lol. I like getting into some mud myself, but I don't get too crazy. When I go on YouTube and watch atv videos, how come I mainly see can ams? Maybe because they are a better quality product? Now I love my Polaris sleds but idk about these 4wheelers.. I see many things in mine that's built cheap. I have had my fair share of problems too. This is the wrong place to talk poorly of polaris because 70% of ppl on here will know these bikes suck and will not admit it because they are hard core polaris nuts lol.
aknawful likes this.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 08:28 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

REAL racers BUILD a race bike. And REBUILD it after each race. They don't buy an 800lb trail machine and try to track it, then plead ignorance or "fraud" when it breaks.
bobx2 and autosport7 like this.

850 XP
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 09:33 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.d.thomas6 View Post
I see a lot of posts like this and it scares me lol. I like getting into some mud myself, but I don't get too crazy. When I go on YouTube and watch atv videos, how come I mainly see can ams? Maybe because they are a better quality product? Now I love my Polaris sleds but idk about these 4wheelers.. I see many things in mine that's built cheap. I have had my fair share of problems too. This is the wrong place to talk poorly of polaris because 70% of ppl on here will know these bikes suck and will not admit it because they are hard core polaris nuts lol.
It's not all that. People just assume you can beat the crap, race, mud bog, etc. out of these Utility machines and they should hold up like a sport atv. Autosport7 knows the difference between the two types of bikes.(From what I have read in many of his post) And therefore knows how to maintain it. The scrambler 1000 can compete and is designed to do so, BUT you have to maintain the wear parts if your going to use it on a race track. Polaris supplies the chassis, the racer has to maintain the wear items. Another thing is a lot of people don't understand the mechanics and how things operate on a certain machine and therefore destroy them due to lack of knowledge.
autosport7 likes this.

2018 Sportsman 850 SP Camouflage
2014 Sportsman 90 Sage Green
2018 Honda 250 Recon
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 02:57 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle_Design View Post
REAL racers BUILD a race bike. And REBUILD it after each race. They don't buy an 800lb trail machine and try to track it, then plead ignorance or "fraud" when it breaks.
Although I agree 100% with your intent, I do have one correction to make.

Real Racers - Have a real race bike GIVEN to them and all maintenance and overhauls are on the team. Ride for a living and are paid as such.

Privateers - Buy their own bikes or may be sponsored bikes but they aren’t factory circuit bikes and they have sponsors that help with prep, maint, etc. but are still working full time jobs in most cases.

Wannabes (I fell into this category when I was a kid) - Ride their asses off because in your mind you think you have a shot. You ride a bike that is prepped as best you can with the funds you have and head out each and every time hoping nothing breaks. If something breaks then your going to have to run the same tires and top end you did last week to afford the repairs.
I had some sponsors but nothing to write home about.

The Scrambler is a “CAPABLE” machine, but like anything you’re going to race, it cannot be taken off the shelf and beat on without major upgrades and maintenance. I knew this, but didn’t know to what degree until it was too late. I thought I maintained it good, I was wrong. Gotta maintain it more.

2015 Polaris Scrambler XP1000
Red Bull Graphics Kit
Spider Graphix - Footwell Dacals
Mud Motorsports Gripper Seat Cover
Rogue Grille - Blk/Blk/Red
Pure Polaris Hand Warmers
Pure Polaris Thumb Warmer
GBC Grim Reaper - 26/9/14 - 26/11/14 on Hiper Sidewinder Beadlocks
All Balls Wheel Bearings FR/RR
ROX Speed FX Foot Pegs
CECCO Frame Braces FR/RR
CECCO Diff Cover
Uni Air Filter
EPI Clutch
Big Gun Exhaust
Moog SSB Upgrade W/ Custom Zerk
Powermadd Sentinel Handguards
Renthal G169 Grips

Gear
Leatt 5.5 V.05 Turbine - Helmet
Oakley Airbrake - Goggles
EVS Sport - Chest/Back Protector
OGIO Dakar - 3L Hydration Pack
Shift Recon - Pants/Jersey/Gloves
Alpinestars MXGP - Jersey
Alpinestars S-MX Air Carbon Mesh - Gloves
Alpinestars Tech 8 - Boots

Last edited by autosport7; 04-17-2018 at 03:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode