Polaris ATV Forum banner

A great tire I bet you havent heard of!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cwlongshot 
#1 ·
So for you racers you have heard of Maxxis Razrs..Well there called maxxis razr 4 speed. Maxxis Razr 4-Speed ATV Tire | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

and they make them for 12 and 14" rim sizes and they are probably the lightest tires on the market for that size. Daryl Rath runs them sometimes. He said they free up alot of power on the 850.

good for dryer conditions no so great for mud! I got a great deal! I mean really 189 for all 4 including shipping? Local dealer wants 135 per tire!

#2 ·
I wonder how they would do in snow? We get a lot in Michigan. They are dirt cheap and light. Seems like they might be a good choice for us guys with 500s wanting to go bigger without adding a lot of weight. The reviews seem great.

#3 ·
I doubt they would do good in snow but I honestly do not know. I mean for the price you could just run these during the summer months. I will use them when I race dry tracks

#4 ·
They are a dirt track racing tire...
NOT so great for what most of us need from our tires. I would say most stock tires found on utility machines are better suited for what we do. Likely nice for the trail only rider as they are 6 ply and a radial. But definitely no good for mud, snow or loose rocks/gravel.

I know they are an improvement when the machine is used for dirt track racing, if that's what your doing.

CW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.