Polaris Winch - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Polaris Winch

Looking at the Polaris 2500 for my 2018 Sportsman 570, any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 05:14 PM

Garage
Polaris is the way to go. Easy mount, and plug and play. Polaris has the handle bar mount that is oem and fits nice and snug. If I could do it again, I'd buy the OEM winch. Although for about $140 on Amazon you can have a winch and mount. All depends on your budget and preference of installation look. I'd recommend a snatch block to carry around as well. I believe the winches power are estimated with a snatch block, and cut in about 1/2 without one. FYI - I have a cheap Amazon 2500 winch that hasn't failed me yet. Even pulled out my buddies Polaris two seater side by side.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I have the OEM 2500. I got a deal on it when I bought my 570 new. I knew at the time I was going to buy a plow so I wanted a winch and I didn't want to deal with wirining aftermarket brackets etc. The 570 is pre wired for the winch so installation was 10-15 minutes if I remember correctly. You'll have to get answers from someone else as far has using it to pull a stuck atv as I haven't had to do anything like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:48 AM
Premium Member

Its a sufficient sized winch. As mentioned they have the switch wire ready to be pluged right into their switch. The power wires from the battery to the contactor are just power wires that all winches use. I'm going to be putting a Warn on our 570 come spring. All that said the Polaris winches are a nice set up.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
2020 Outlander® 1000R XXC (on order, ETA mid-Sept)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:30 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Before buying a winch i would check to see where it is made,i prefer USA made winch.

2009 850XP MOSSY OAK MODEL,ITP MUD LITE 2,DALTON CLUTCH KIT,BIG GUN EVO,WARN XT30.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Supporting Vendor

To my knowledge, there are no winches fully made in the USA any longer. We do have our VIPER ELITE options with premium wireless remote and USA-made AMSTEEL-BLUE synthetic cable available that are well priced compared to Polaris if you are interested. We also have some sub-$200 VIPER winches that are still TS16949 certified with military grade materials as well.

Most important is to be working with a legitimate American manufacturing company and not some reseller of Chinese branded winches IMO.

Good luck in your choices!

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Interested in our VIPER winches, DENALI plows, FIRESTORM heaters, SIRIUS lights? And PM me for forum discounts. Click here for more: https://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/motoalliance/
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Just found the Polaris HD 3500 Winch with synt tic line for right under $250. Brand new part: 2880434. Saw a few around $389 and then saw this a damaged box unit with all parts. I guess the luck of the draw. I looked at many others, and actually really like the Warn. But like having the OEM Switch better without having to pay a premium for it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoalliance View Post
To my knowledge, there are no winches fully made in the USA any longer. We do have our VIPER ELITE options with premium wireless remote and USA-made AMSTEEL-BLUE synthetic cable available that are well priced compared to Polaris if you are interested. We also have some sub-$200 VIPER winches that are still TS16949 certified with military grade materials as well.

Most important is to be working with a legitimate American manufacturing company and not some reseller of Chinese branded winches IMO.

Good luck in your choices!

There are very few.. if I remember correctly superwinch makes one as well as does warn. Very expensive winches for a atv. These are their most upper models all others are mad eyes in China and some designed in USA.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:54 AM
ATV Enthusiast

I installed a superwinch A3500 on my 2018 sportsman 570. Had to buy the kolpin mounting plate...took 2 hrs to install and wire up..saved $400 bucks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode