Polaris Warning Decals - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Polaris Warning Decals

I've read somewhere on the internet that if your warning decals/labels are damaged or missing that you can contact your Polaris dealership and they can supply those at no charge, does anyone know if this true?

Funny some people would care less, because some will de-badge a ATV of said warning decals anyway. I kind of like keeping my ATV's in fairly close to factory stock condition. I have two warning decals on my 08 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO that need replaced now.

Tony

2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO EFI Touring AWD
Color: Pearl White/Silver Trim
PowerMadd Handguards/PM Mirrors
SuperATV Front & Rear Tube Brush/Bumper Guards (Wrinkle Black)

2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4 Auto
Color: Red
Raider Cargo Rear Storage Box
Power Madd Hand Guards/ PM Mirrors
UNI Air Filter
Deestone Swamp Witch ATV Mud Tires
Yamaha Raptor 660 Petcock Mod

2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4x4
Color: Black
(SOLD: Dealership Buy Back, ( a heck of a story)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:15 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Don't know about the FREE part, but all the decals except for 3 are still listed as available - if you ordered the required quantity of every decal, it would cost a little over $121 - cant do anything about the discontinued ones
T. Texas Tony likes this.

Shop Owner and Mechanic with over 50 years experience
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:21 AM

The FIRST thing I do is get those ugly stickers off any machine I have. Don't know why you'd want to put them back on?? The ONLY reason they are put on to start with is because of manufacturer liability. I had them ALL off my new 2018 Sportsman 1000 within 30 minutes of getting it home.
Do you leave the stickers on your new refrigerator, TV or washer?
bobx2 and grizzlyltz like this.

Last edited by polman500; 06-27-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by polman500 View Post
The FIRST thing I do is get those ugly stickers off any machine I have. Don't know why you'd want to put them back on?? The ONLY reason they are put on to start with is because of manufacturer liability. I had them ALL off my new 2018 Sportsman 1000 within 30 minutes of getting it home.
Good point! I will start removing the stickers from the fridge tonight!!!! The one on the TV screen has always created a blind spot.

Do you use a heat gun or chemicals to get off the glue without messing up the paint?

D
stave7119 and catpartsman like this.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucer View Post
Quote:
Good point! I will start removing the stickers from the fridge tonight!!!! The one on the TV screen has always created a blind spot.

Do you use a heat gun or chemicals to get off the glue without messing up the paint?

D
When warm you usually don't need anything other than something like a plastic spatula or putty knife or a fingernail to get a corner started and then peel. If they're hardened and stubborn, a heat gun or hair dryer (not much) to soften them a little and they should peel right off. They come off real easy when new. After they get old and hard it takes a little more effort sometimes but they'll still peel off. Use some Goo Gone on a soft rag to get any residual adhesive off.
I'm not sure if it'll work on the fridge and TV but it should lol.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I've always heater the backside of the plastic if possible,.. it releases the glue bond instead of heating the decal and having it tear. Heating either works,.. but as mentioned the older the decals the more difficult it can be.

Hers 2014 570 sportsman,
2" AtvE lift

--
His 2013 850xp LE,
28" Zillas
1.5" lift
LTE slip-on,
Welded timing gear
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:46 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

My refrigerator must have at least 1000 more stickers on it than when it was new - can't hardly even find the energy star efficiency label for all the damn stickers - if it weren't for grand kids, my refrigerator might not be disguised as a trash can.

Shop Owner and Mechanic with over 50 years experience
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latebird View Post
My refrigerator must have at least 1000 more stickers on it than when it was new - can't hardly even find the energy star efficiency label for all the damn stickers - if it weren't for grand kids, my refrigerator might not be disguised as a trash can.
LOL... Yep, my fridge has become the bulletin board for grandkid art. The 5 year-old basically learned to count and spell with the magnetic letters/numbers set I got him a couple years ago.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Ha,ha, those warning stickers really don't bother me being on the ATV. What's bugging me is this one warning label on the fuel tank that's all messed up to where I can't read the warning, it's a fairly lengthy warning. I guess over spill gas got to it from previous owner. I'll have to look it up to know what it says now.

Actually the energy saver yellow sticker is still on my hot water heater in the closet,but I have to admit I did remove that under federal law do not remove label off our bed mattress, some times I like being a bad boy.

Tony

2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO EFI Touring AWD
Color: Pearl White/Silver Trim
PowerMadd Handguards/PM Mirrors
SuperATV Front & Rear Tube Brush/Bumper Guards (Wrinkle Black)

2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4 Auto
Color: Red
Raider Cargo Rear Storage Box
Power Madd Hand Guards/ PM Mirrors
UNI Air Filter
Deestone Swamp Witch ATV Mud Tires
Yamaha Raptor 660 Petcock Mod

2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4x4
Color: Black
(SOLD: Dealership Buy Back, ( a heck of a story)
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 02:57 PM
Premium Member

Why does hot water need heating?

All the stickers are still on all my machines unless they fell off or got worn off. Mostly because I am too lazy to remove them. They are not in the way and don't stop me from riding.....

Mine: 2018 Sportsman 850SP - 26" Bear Claw HTRs on OEM steel wheels(I really don't like the Aluminum ones)
Polaris Hand warmers, Mirrors.
Hers: 2019 Sportsman 450. 26" Bear Claw HTRs on Moose 427X Wheels.

2007 Sportsman 500 EFI, Polaris Winch, 25" Bear Claws QSC Clutch Kit, Hand Warmers
2001 Magnum 325 MOSE 12" rear wheel conversion. 25" Sedona Coyote tires
2017 Polaris Ranger 1000XP - Roof and front glass
2018 Kawasaki KLR650
2001 Magnum 325 Warn winch and Moose 60" plow-Sent to Daughter and Son-In-Law since his blew up
SOLD 2004 Sportsman 600 Twin

Last edited by stave7119; 06-27-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode