Polaris ATV Forum banner

2014 Sportsman 570 EPS front end camber

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Samster570 
#1 ·
Hi, is there any adjustment for the camber on the 570 EPS? I just got mine back from the dealer. They did the fuel line safety recall and I had them check the steering out. I am concerned about the play in the steering. I had installed 1.5 inch spacers on all wheels for chain clearance, ran it all winter long and no problems. A couple days ago I rode it and stop to talk to a neighbor no problems. When I started back home the front end seemed loose and wobbly. The tech at the dealer said there were some low voltage codes and that he needed to update the software in the EPS and ECU. Then he proceeded to tell me that the spacers are not recommended and put undo stress on the steering box. He then said that is why there is too much camber in the front tires. I removed the spacers but they still have the camber. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Tim

#2 ·
So he's right and this are some BIG spacers. Why such big spacers? You'll have to jack the front up and give the front wheels the ole 12 o'clock/6 o'clock 9 o'clock/3 o'clock test. Look for play in the wheel bearing, tie-rod ends, ball-joints, and bushings.

#3 ·
I was wrong about the size of the spacers. They are 1 inch. I had to use them to get the clearance for snow chains this past winter. I just checked everything and there is nothing loose which just verified what the technician at the dealer said. So do you think I should just leave the spacers off for the summer? I didnt notice any difference in the steering after they were removed. I sure do to want to damage the steering box. I am thinking for next winter to get tracks.

#4 ·
Honestly I wouldn't be overly concerned about the EPS system under those conditions. BUT in theory a wider wheel base, big wheel kit, a lift, tracks, etc will put more stress on the suspension and steering components. You will see faster wear on the steering and suspension components with the spacers. Specifically the tie-rod ends, ball-joints, bushings, and wheel bearings. If you don't need the spacers on it's best to remove them.

#5 ·
I use 1" spacers on just the front axle...... had no issues.

Attachments