E-track? - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
E-track?

Anyone on here use E-track and wheel nets to secure their ATV to a wood decked utility trailer? Wondering if this would be a better way to go than ratchet straps. I have a 16ft trailer that hauls 2 Polaris Sportsman ATVs. Suggestions welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
I'm surprised no one has responded... I'm not sure E-track or over the tire nets, are any better. Attach good HD straps to your machines frame, 2 on the front and 2 stronger ones in the rear and you are good to go.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:33 PM

I don't use wheel nets just regular 2" ratcheting straps over the tires. Two go on sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	104_2132.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	120189  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlyA View Post
I'm surprised no one has responded... I'm not sure E-track or over the tire nets, are any better. Attach good HD straps to your machines frame, 2 on the front and 2 stronger ones in the rear and you are good to go.
That is what I do now, but with this new trailer both times I had it out they came loose, granted my straps are over 8 years old. I think the problem is with the lead ATV as in order to attach the straps I have to go around the front of the tires to the side stake pockets. So I was looking for something different. Also looked at these Shock Straps, but of course the places that sell them closest to me don't have them on hand to look at.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:56 PM

The way I have it set up, I've never had anything come loose. Straps go straight up and over, no angles. One suggestion, if you're running them sideways, put a strap over the seat. Nothing worse than getting to the destination without a seat.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtsurfer View Post
The way I have it set up, I've never had anything come loose. Straps go straight up and over, no angles. One suggestion, if you're running them sideways, put a strap over the seat. Nothing worse than getting to the destination without a seat.
If I decide on going with E-Track the ATVs would be loaded one in front of the other as they are now. It's a 16ft long trailer with rails and a ramp on the rear.

Actually my brother did that once. Left Black River Falls and got back home in IL missing his cargo box seat.

Last edited by CSW652; 09-11-2019 at 07:45 AM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Shockstrap’s are as advertised. You don’t need to see them first. They never loosen on their own. Just buy them, you won’t regret.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprotsman View Post
Shockstrapís are as advertised. You donít need to see them first. They never loosen on their own. Just buy them, you wonít regret.
At $100+ for 4 and I would need 8, I am skeptical. I am not sure they will work from the front tow hook, wrapped around the tire to the side stake pocket. Probably be fine on the rest of the tie down spots I use.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Garage
I've been debating this set up as well. I have an 18' trailer, and have 3 machines (including a RZR). The problem I have is the trailer gets used for so many things, and I haul so many different machines (sometimes have friend's machines) that I'm not sure if it feasable to set it up for a permanent layout.

I already have a set of nets to be sued on the RZR, and figured I would just use ratchet straps on the ATV tires.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSW652 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprotsman View Post
Shockstrap’s are as advertised. You don’t need to see them first. They never loosen on their own. Just buy them, you won’t regret.
At $100+ for 4 and I would need 8, I am skeptical. I am not sure they will work from the front tow hook, wrapped around the tire to the side stake pocket. Probably be fine on the rest of the tie down spots I use.
$100.00 compared to value of 2 Sportsman’s. Plus their quality. I’ve used other straps and they do loosen. Shockstrap’s never do. Maybe not for you, I don’t know, you had mentioned them and I’m just saying they are as advertised and no doubt hold without “any” worries. Good luck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode