2 2011 polaris sportsmans, both in shop - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalward View Post
( I will probably get this wrong) in the cluch there are weights that Polaris has too small for this atv and they are sending heavier ones to make it go faster ?
Nope, you got that right. There are three weights inside the clutch. There are certain weights to run depending on your elevation. Its not real uncommon to have to change the weights out. Polaris just puts in the most common weights, but depending your elevation, the weights may or may not need to be changed right away.

Sounds like it does for you. Also sounds like you have a very good dealer, who is taking good care of you. Seriously.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Ahhh, you explained it better..yea my dealer is on the ball. It is the gable group in cobeskill ny. They have a dodge,chevy and motorsports shop up there. I hate to bring it back again to get the axle replaced but I guess I have no choice. As long as the warranty is good might as well get it right for free..suppose to get both back today and my brush guards are in for both.
Also.. Does anyone know if they make a front storage for the 800? My wife's 500 has one and I tried to see if hers would fit and it doesn't. Don't want a generic storage , I want one that snaps in like hers.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

polaris lock and ride storae box will fit the 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Here's the lates developments, both were supposed to be delivered today, then I got the call. The 500 is all set and ready to go. The axle is on back order for the 800 and they said I could run it till it comes in then I could bring it back when it does. They said they have a long straight away behind the shop and when they took it out and opened it up the rev limiter kicks on at 45, they said I should get 65 mph easy with the 800. So they called Polaris and they ( I will probably get this wrong) in the cluch there are weights that Polaris has too small for this atv and they are sending heavier ones to make it go faster ? Polaris is Next daying those, ups didn't show up today with the boot as we have had severe flooding and roads are closed all over.should have all the parts in tomorrow and delivered by 5. We will see..
Can't fault polaris for the weather, sounds like they are doing the best they can for ya, keep us posted.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 09:35 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Ahhh, you explained it better..yea my dealer is on the ball. It is the gable group in cobeskill ny. They have a dodge,chevy and motorsports shop up there. I hate to bring it back again to get the axle replaced but I guess I have no choice. As long as the warranty is good might as well get it right for free..suppose to get both back today and my brush guards are in for both.
Also.. Does anyone know if they make a front storage for the 800? My wife's 500 has one and I tried to see if hers would fit and it doesn't. Don't want a generic storage , I want one that snaps in like hers.
I'm selling the front storage box off my 500. According to Polaris, it should fit.I actually just bought a rack assembly from the 800 to put on mine to utilize the lock n ride for a gun holder. I'll take 100 bucks plus shipping for it. If you're interested, let me know.

2005 Scrambler 500 H.O.
2013 Sportsman 800 Twin EFI - (sold)
2011 Sportsman 500 H.O. (sold)
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

why can't the dealers swap parts from the store stock . and put the replacement parts back into the machines when they come in, that way you can at least enjoy them. and if they won't what are you doing on Saturday. go hang out at there dealer ship and rant and rave in front of their customers for awhile and see what happens. i did this once when i bought my car and got shafted on the service end.i ended up calling Honda Canada to get it all straightened out.but i am sure i cost him a few costumers first.and if you have very few km on the units call Polaris direct.another thing i find that helps is mention forums websites and tell them you are going to post what is going on at the dealership and how they are treating you . just my 2 cents. hope it helps.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

They can swap parts off new machines, but keep in mind it all depends if the parts are easy to take off, and polaris has just about every service type job catagorized into time frames, for example to replace a front drive axle polaris will pay the dealer .75 hours to remove and replace the axle on a warrantied machine, now if the dealer has to remove and replace from a new machine to give you the part, who pays the tech to do this, comes out of the dealers pocket, not polaris's. Alot of people think on warranty jobs the dealer just submits a work order to polaris, and they pay what ever it is, this is not how it works, polaris and every other brand will only pay certain amount into labour, reguardless of what the actual amount of time put in comes to. My dealer has given me parts off new machines, to get me rollin, but only if it takes 5 mins. to do.

Last edited by idler8; 09-28-2011 at 09:47 AM.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

no i get that but if you have a guy buy 2 machines and both are bad luck shall we say , he might be better righting it off as good advertising. nothing worse then bad reputation these days, he can make it back with good word of mouth, or at least get the parts rushed.i mean you drop some good coin in the shop and you want him back, plus his riding buddies.i mean you stand in line at the grocery store and over hear someone saying they want a new TV, you will say to them don't buy from this place because bla bla bla.and most people will say it .
what you want is for people to say he buy from this guy great customer service. just my 2 cents. but i know what you are saying as well.comes down to what the dealer will do for you. i deal with chudds . they are great, and will help me out anyway they can.now i might buy sleds from them.odds are good.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Unfortunately, not all dealers are created equal.maybe try your luck with a different dealer?
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 07:22 PM
ATV Enthusiast

unfortunately,not all dealers are created equal.maybe try a different dealer?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode