Polaris vs Can Am - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 04:46 AM
Banned

The new G2 Can Ams are not hot on the legs like the old ones. I ride my 1000 in the middle of summer with shorts on. Polaris is cheaper. A few Can Am G2s had frames cracking at the front, cracking, not failing. Can Ams frame issue was fixed with a brace and 7 year frame warranty. Can Am is not the only one with frame issues. Cough cough XP.....Do a search on here. And Popo is not warrantying them ALL like CA.
Try them both and decide for yourself. People here are gonna say buy Popo, people on the Can Am forums are gonna say buy CA. You'll have fun on both.
Don't forget, a good dealer is very helpful after the purchase.

Last edited by aknawful; 03-24-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknawful View Post
The new G2 Can Ams are not hot on the legs like the old ones. I ride my 1000 in the middle of summer with shorts on. Polaris is cheaper. A few Can Am G2s had frames cracking at the front, cracking, not failing. Can Ams frame issue was fixed with a brace and 7 year frame warranty. Can Am is not the only one with frame issues. Cough cough XP.....Do a search on here. And Popo is not warrantying them ALL like CA.
Try them both and decide for yourself. People here are gonna say buy Popo, people on the Can Am forums are gonna say buy CA. You'll have fun on both.
Best post yet....

2016 Sportsman 570 EPS
26 inch Big Horns
Hand and thumb Warmers
post #13 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi66badjohn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknawful View Post
Best post yet....
Polaris is cheaper and superior. See polaris frame below in attached thumbnail. Then look at a canam in the next post. Looks like canam was trying to make a motorcycle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	4345
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	11347  

Last edited by kemblkr; 03-24-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Canam frame(see thumbnail below). Why would a company that sells $13k machine build a frame like this? Only one reason....make more money. Polaris does the same thing but they have a much better track record and they have machines within the reach of most pocket books. I almost got pulled in by Canam as i could afford either until I saw the frame design and was shocked. The only thing superior on a Canam is the engine as Rotax (bombardier) also manufactures aircraft engines so the are cutting edge in quality and engineering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1980
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	11348  

Last edited by kemblkr; 03-24-2013 at 06:28 AM.
post #15 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Polaris vs Can Am

2013 polaris scrambler 850 XP LE - 2007 polaris sportsman 500 EFI
post #16 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Re: Polaris vs Can Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVINFISHER View Post
Lmao

sent from my Droid Razr Maxx...I would rather be riding.
post #17 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Let me see if I understand.
If I buy a 1000 Canam it will not burn my legs.

So the smaller one still burns your legs.

I can only wonder why, if with all of Canam's airplane engineering their engineers never rode the machine and realized they had a heat problem.

Just because a company has their name on a machine doesn't mean it is engineered to the same specifications as another division owned by the same name..

When a large company decides to manufacture something the first thing discussed at the board table is "how much money can we make".

I have owned a bunch of SeaDoo's. They are without a doubt the best Jet Ski made. There 941 CC engine ran circles around other manufacturer's 1200 engines.
You can't say that about the 1000 Canam verses the Polaris 850.

The bottom line is, their 4 wheelers are crap for the money! They are 250ccs bigger than the 850 and yet there performance isn't worth the extra gas they burn. Not to mention their inflated cost.
post #18 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Canam doesn't have airplane engineers building their ATV's. However, the Rotax engine line is designed by the same group that makes their aircraft engines and I have flown under them many a time. Some twenty years ago and their engines are top notch. As for the rest of their design it looks to me they wanted to make assembly line manufacturing their number one priority rather than durability. Amazing, they put on factory bumpers but leave their POS frame completely exposed and force a serious trail rider to spend another few hundred bucks to buy skid plates to protect their weak frame and then charge the highest prices in the industry for their machines. Wouldn't it be nice to have a manufacturer think about the consumer rather than the shareholder! Polaris does the same thing too some degree but apparently they still have the consumer in mind at some level but corporate greed always prevails.
post #19 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 AM

In my own experience the xp chassis is a pos,constant breakdowns,tons of maintenance and high cost of ownership.That being said it is a great machine to drive as long as you dont mind working on an almost new machine and thats with the polaris extended warranty that in canada only covers things covered in oil.
post #20 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemblkr View Post
Canam frame(see thumbnail below). Why would a company that sells $13k machine build a frame like this? Only one reason....make more money. Polaris does the same thing but they have a much better track record and they have machines within the reach of most pocket books. I almost got pulled in by Canam as i could afford either until I saw the frame design and was shocked. The only thing superior on a Canam is the engine as Rotax (bombardier) also manufactures aircraft engines so the are cutting edge in quality and engineering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVINFISHER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomeroo View Post
Let me see if I understand.
If I buy a 1000 Canam it will not burn my legs.

So the smaller one still burns your legs.

I can only wonder why, if with all of Canam's airplane engineering their engineers never rode the machine and realized they had a heat problem.

Just because a company has their name on a machine doesn't mean it is engineered to the same specifications as another division owned by the same name..

When a large company decides to manufacture something the first thing discussed at the board table is "how much money can we make".

I have owned a bunch of SeaDoo's. They are without a doubt the best Jet Ski made. There 941 CC engine ran circles around other manufacturer's 1200 engines.
You can't say that about the 1000 Canam verses the Polaris 850.

The bottom line is, their 4 wheelers are crap for the money! They are 250ccs bigger than the 850 and yet there performance isn't worth the extra gas they burn. Not to mention their inflated cost.
I'm not brand loyal like so many here and on the can am forums. I have Can Am, Honda and Polaris bikes. Honda is hands down most reliable, but boring. If I thought the Polaris 850 was better I would have bought it instead of my Outlander. That was MY choice. The CA dealer here is better to deal with than the Polaris dealer.
That Can Am frame pictured is a G1 not a G2. you're comparing old brp technology to polaris's newest. The G2s don`t burn your legs. Those are 2012 800/1000 shorties and 2013 500/650/800/1000 shorties and maxes. You have to do your research and don't belive everything on the net.
1000-850 = 150 not 250! lol and the 1000 will burn less fuel than the 850 every trip, always.
the Polaris 850 is a great bike, esp for the price. the can am is more expensive for sure. like i said, try them both and buy the one you like.
and BRP hasn't been part of Bombardier Inc. (planes and trains) since 2003. where have you been?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombard...ional_Products

Last edited by aknawful; 03-24-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode