Moto Alliance Viper/Denali plow issue - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

We are in Rogers, MN, for what it's worth!

Our engineers are great. We haven't had any pattern of issues in terms of what you mentioned, but anytime there is ANY issue, we investigate it fully and can always make little tweaks and modifications as suggested.

Our plow sales nearly tripled this year from 550 units to around 1500 units, so we are very grateful and think we have a great system overall here.

Thanks for the support guys.

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 AM

They are sending me out a new push tube which I appreciate, but it's exactly the same as the one I'm having issues with and others have as well. I'm hoping it works out but I am disappointed that they can't reinforce or modify one for me so that I don't have the exact same issue. I guess we will see. The bad thing is that we are probably about done with snow for the year (that's actually not a bad thing) and I probably won't be able to test it until next season and I'm sure it will be out of warranty at that point. As I mentioned before, I love the plow its just the eyelet that's an issue.
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Supporting Vendor

Totally understood. I'll emphasize that we have not seen any ongoing issues with the eyelet or we would stop sending product altogether.

I spoke with our engineer and if it is to happen at all, it is a Sportsman 400/500/800 situation -- but again, very rare. We are going to add a slight change to account for this, but it certainly is not happening with any other Sportsman models, or any other machine in the industry.

Always tough to get a standardized system across all models (Yamaha, Polaris, Kawasaki, etc.) but we do our best. And we will always take care of our riders. Thanks!

Peter
Moto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoalliance View Post
Totally understood. I'll emphasize that we have not seen any ongoing issues with the eyelet or we would stop sending product altogether.

I spoke with our engineer and if it is to happen at all, it is a Sportsman 400/500/800 situation -- but again, very rare. We are going to add a slight change to account for this, but it certainly is not happening with any other Sportsman models, or any other machine in the industry.

Always tough to get a standardized system across all models (Yamaha, Polaris, Kawasaki, etc.) but we do our best. And we will always take care of our riders. Thanks!

Peter
Moto
Seems to me by turning the eyelet would accommodate all machines , otherwise it makes this plow system prohibited to someone with those Sportsman models who may be wanting to purchase a plow.
All the plows I've seen or used have the eyelet turned facing forwards.
Turning the eyelet should have no affect on the cost of production and would be a wise decision for a otherwise quality plow system.

- 2012 SPORTSMAN 500 H.O -

-Polaris Fr+Rr Brush Bumpers.
-Polaris Fr+Rr Rack Extenders.
-Badland 3500 lb Winch, w/Amsteel Blue, Hawse Fairlead, and Hook Stop/ Fairlead Protector.
-Polaris Hand Guards.
-Tusk Heated Grips/Thumb Warmer.
-Ricochet A-ARM Guards (Fr+Rr).
-Kolpin Dually 3" LED's on Front Brush Bumper (floods).
-Cabelas Tac System ,Soft Rear luggage/Seat/Rifle Case.
-Rear Foot Rests/Fender Guards .
-Eagle Snow Plow,Belly Mount W/ 54" Blade.
-Polaris Xenon Bulbs in High+Low Headlights.
-ATVSS Detachable mirrors .
-Rotopax Fuel Cells - Two - 1 gal containers on Front Rack.
-Sedona Ripsaw R/T's (25-8-12 ,25-10-12) Mounted on ITP- SS312's. (12x7, 4/156/4+3) .
-Kimpex Fender Flares .
-Kolpin 3 Way Hitch.
-Foot Well Skid Plates with Attached Nerf Bars.
-QSC Clutch Kit.
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Just to clarify. We've sold this style push tube system for 5-6 years now without a single eyelet issue. It only cropped up (and even so, very rarely) with the new 400/500/800 sportsman models -- which was a new application for us this year.

That said, engineering has already made the necessary design tweaks that will eliminate it from happening on these models while still maintaining the universality of the push-tubes across all ATV's out there. So we should be good to go, and if it occurs to anyone else with a newer Sportsman, we'll take care of it. Part of the fun of being in this industry.....always ways to tweak and design. For creative guys, it's a blast.

Thanks again for the feedback on the boards.

Peter
Moto
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Good to see you guys are standing behind the products you sell. It is the reason I filled out a dealer application a few weeks ago with you. Have heard nothing but good and positive feedback on your company and those are the places I like to do business with, as that's how I run my shop.
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Had not noticed this thread before, so I went out to the garage to check mine. It is also bent the way AntonioDef's picture shows. Took a look at my install pics from when I had put it on back in 2011 and the eye is indeed straight. This is my third winter plowing with it, I have no idea when it actually bent. And believe me, I have plowed ALOT of snow this winter.
I am going to keep an eye on it in the future, but it appears to me that the metal has bent itself back as far as necessary to cope with the angle of the winch, and will retain its present shape without any damage to the plow. JMHO.
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

I bet NatureBoy is right. Once it bends to a point it will be fine, just sucks to have a new several hundred dollar part do that.

I don't want anyone to take the few of us that have had the issue/posted and decide MotoAlliance is not a solid company. It you look, those of us that have contacted them all agree they have great customer service. Given the fact the design is out there and they aren't quite yet in a position to have an upgraded part, they offered me great solutions. I could have taken a partial refund to fix it myself, was offered a new push tube set up at no out of pocket and I'm sure they would have refunded the whole thing if I sent it back. I wanted the plow and do not weld, so the replacement tube worked for me.

For the money (I paid well under $400) you will not find a better plow. I'd say you won't find a better plow unless you pay at least a $100 more than I did. The attachment method with the pins is a little cumbersome, but is the same method as the substantially higher priced Warn set up. I said it earlier in the thread and it is still true, I have no problem buying from Moto again.

2015 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS - 26" Big Horn 2s, ITP Delta rims, Polaris 3500lb winch.
Sold - 11 TB 330, 11 SP 500, 13 SP 500

Last edited by antoniodef; 03-09-2014 at 10:12 AM.
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Mine bent as well.........wonder how many more out there are bent?

2012 550 EPS LE, Blue Fire
Cecco frame braces
JCCapri bushing kit
Maxxis BigHorns
Ricochet skid plates (full kit)
Polaris rear rack extender
Polaris front brush guard
Warn ProVantage 2.5k winch
AmSteel Blue synthetic winch rope
Custom billet hawse fairlead
Denali 60" mid mount plow
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natureboy View Post
I am going to keep an eye on it in the future, but it appears to me that the metal has bent itself back as far as necessary to cope with the angle of the winch, and will retain its present shape without any damage to the plow.
^This^

2018 Honda Rubicon
2018 Can Am Outlander 1000XT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode