Polaris ATV Forum banner

Waterproof Hawkeye

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ThorsHammer 
#1 ·
I plan on going through deep water with my Hawkeye, on a hunting lease...not to just play around. I was wanting information an what I need to do to water proof the engine and drivetrain. I read something about taking a gear or clutch off in the transmission to get to a seal to add some caulk to make it waterproof (must not be a good seal) but I can't find it again.

Also want to add a snorkle, might try to diy it before looking at buying a kit. Any info on that is also appreciated. Thanks!!

#3 ·
you won't be able to buy a kit. you're on your own on the snorkel. so just head into it with that mentality.

I know the thread you're talking about on sealing behind the clutch, but I can't tell you which clutch it's referring too.

as for the electrical it's dielectric grease on all the connections. be generous.

I have seen one video about a snorkeled Hawkeye. try checking Youtube.

#4 ·
I think what you might have read was to remove the clutch housing (large plastic box) and silicone where it meets the tranny. Sometimes water can get in that way.

Dielectric grease will be you new best friend too.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Yea, gonna buy some dielectric grease and put it in the box.

A snorkel kit for the Hawkeye can be purchased here for $209. But the guy that diy'ed it did it for about $80.

I think I read something in the link above about slipping over something on the CVT. I'm thinking a vent tube, I'll have to re-read it.

Thanks!!

#6 ·
that kit looks like a knee banger to me. unless you're a lot smaller than I am. but then again, I'm not exactly little at 6'5" 240.

I'd build my own at that price personally. But I avoid deep water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.