Polaris ATV Forum banner

Hunting or Fishing

7K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  pcaster 
#1 ·
I prefer both but if I had to pick just one , fishing. I bond better with my boys and sometimes we bring home some delicious eats..... What does everyone else prefer, and why?

#35 ·
No big deal just wondering what everyone else do. Where I'm from and where we hunt weather it be mule deer or elk we almost always quarter the critter out and debone them on the spot to make it a lot easier. Most of the whitetail we hunt are on to ranches we work on through out the year to be able to hunt there, which is well worth it's weight in gold, but they are small enough that we can drag them to the truck and load them up.

#37 ·
That's cool, nice job man. ASAT camo, I have a couple sets of the same stuff and love it. It works well in lots of places.

#41 ·
10-4 that!!!

You just ain't going in the woods a kill a deer and come on out. + It wouldn't be that much fun if you did.

#42 ·
I enjoy both. Just got a 21 Carolina skiff last year for the fishing aspect but nothing gets me happy to be outside then a cool fall crisp and working my way into the deer woods.
Around here in va, a lot of clubs run deer dogs. Not a huge fan at all. Was a member of one club that ran dogs, it was a joke in my eyes. Everyone gets a stand and some folks drop their tailgates at one side of the property and drop the dogs. Your essentially wait and hope a deer runs past the stand your in.
Hunting is the pursuit or search for something or someone. “I spent 6 mos hunting for a dealer who could get me a good deal
On 570”. “I went deer hunting and saw a few, came back with some good info on deer movement”

I enjoy the aspect of the hunt. Learning the deer movement, watching the deer. Picking and choosing. Being in their environment and going unnoticed. The older I get the less deer k shoot, but the higher quality deer I shoot when I do and the amount of deer I see goes up..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.