Insurance - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

500/yr full coverage here in Iglooland. First time insuring anything under my name, too. Covers fire, theft, crash and even if the wire harness burns due to defect/short, they replace the ATV

'15 Sportsman 570
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

i pay just under $200 a year for full coverage on 2 atvs and that is with a $100 deductible on each, bumping my coverage up and adding $4000 in aftermarket accessories coverage. had i went with the $500 deductible, less coverage and only the $1000 aftermarket accessory coverage that the policy automatically came with, i believe it was down around $125 per year. this is through allstate however i think the whole rate thing is a sham as i've priced with progressive and was given a quote of $1200 a year and that didn't include the lower deductible, higher coverage and aftermarket accessory coverage. i have a clean driving record and excellent credit yet my buddy who has crappy credit and a DUI on his record pays 1/3rd of what i was quoted through progressive and that is for both his sportsman 850 and his rzr1K. i don't quite fathom why i was quoted so high for a company that claims to have the lowest rates. when shopping around for insurance, there were several places that were quoting insane rates yet i've seen people on forums talking of their low rates compared to the companies that gave me reasonable to very good rates.
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 05:03 PM

little under 300 a year, full coverage with geico

2015 570 - 27in Maxxis Zillas, LT3000 Superwinch aka "Rzr Saver"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanXP1000 View Post
i pay just under $200 a year for full coverage on 2 atvs and that is with a $100 deductible on each, bumping my coverage up and adding $4000 in aftermarket accessories coverage. had i went with the $500 deductible, less coverage and only the $1000 aftermarket accessory coverage that the policy automatically came with, i believe it was down around $125 per year. this is through allstate however i think the whole rate thing is a sham as i've priced with progressive and was given a quote of $1200 a year and that didn't include the lower deductible, higher coverage and aftermarket accessory coverage. i have a clean driving record and excellent credit yet my buddy who has crappy credit and a DUI on his record pays 1/3rd of what i was quoted through progressive and that is for both his sportsman 850 and his rzr1K. i don't quite fathom why i was quoted so high for a company that claims to have the lowest rates. when shopping around for insurance, there were several places that were quoting insane rates yet i've seen people on forums talking of their low rates compared to the companies that gave me reasonable to very good rates.
And that is WAY upside-down. I thought maybe the high cost was because of greater displacement. But in some cases, I've seen some with lower displacement costing more than higher displacement. Makes no sense.

Guess to some extent they use a "Common Core" method to arrive at the figures they quote some of us.

2014 Sportsman XP 850 HO EPS

Dark Matter Impulse Drive
Negative/Positive Resonator
Cold Fusion Heat Sink
Tri-Layer Impact Shielding
Black Lode Nuclear Dampners
Wave-Motion Ionic Inducer
And my fav: Twin Plasma Cannons in the 40W Range

Gotta love DARPA!
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

180$ on the 1000 sportsman with 250 deductible, American family Ins.

INDY LIKES PICS
2015 1000 Sportsman
2005 500 Sportsman
Yamaha 225 3 wheeler, the boys still love it
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanXP1000 View Post
And that is WAY upside-down. I thought maybe the high cost was because of greater displacement. But in some cases, I've seen some with lower displacement costing more than higher displacement. Makes no sense.

Guess to some extent they use a "Common Core" method to arrive at the figures they quote some of us.
me and my buddy both ran into this. when i dropped my 850 and added my 1000, my rate actually went down $18 a year. same happened to my buddy when he traded in his rzr 800 for his rzr 1000. his rate dropped by $30 a year.
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 05:50 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

$20 a month for each of my 850's and $17 a month for my 570 through State Farm. Simple fact is I couldn't afford to replace one if it got totaled so that's the main reason I insured them. Plus I have liability coverage on them too so if (God forbid) I hurt someone or damage someone else's property my insurance will cover them. Although if I was getting quoted $100 a month like some of you guys I don't know what I would do. That's pretty outrageous I think.

2015 Sportsman 850 SP Titanium Matte Metallic
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Garage
Sometimes you just have to dicker with them on the price. Just like buying a car. When I bought the first atv for my son, my insurance claimed that they (ERIE) did not write such policies and it would come from a third party to them. The price for 1 atv came in at $568 or so. I said no way was I paying that and I would go elsewhere for atv insurance. My agent said to give her a bit and she would see what she could do. She called the next day and said she could do it for $230 something. I again said no way I was even paying that and I had seen progressive offering something like $60 or $70. She said no way she could match that and I said ok, fine. She called back an hour later and said because I was such a good customer (BS) that Erie would actually write me a policy. I said I am listening. She said I could get full coverage (liability, collision ect.) for $98 a year. I said I will take it. How can you go from $568 to $98? They still have to be making money. And if I would have said ok to the $568 how would they sleep at night? How many people just call up their agent and say add this atv to my policy? What a crooked industry. I guess my only gripe is that I am not an insurance agent.

OLD BLUE
2013 sportsman 400 HO
2500lb Polaris winch
60" glacier III plow
26" zilla's
QSC clutch kit
son's ride

2014 sportsman 400 HO
Badlands #3500 winch
KFI mount
My ride

2014 sportsman 400 HO
Wife's ride
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgcolt View Post
Sometimes you just have to dicker with them on the price. Just like buying a car. When I bought the first atv for my son, my insurance claimed that they (ERIE) did not write such policies and it would come from a third party to them. The price for 1 atv came in at $568 or so. I said no way was I paying that and I would go elsewhere for atv insurance. My agent said to give her a bit and she would see what she could do. She called the next day and said she could do it for $230 something. I again said no way I was even paying that and I had seen progressive offering something like $60 or $70. She said no way she could match that and I said ok, fine. She called back an hour later and said because I was such a good customer (BS) that Erie would actually write me a policy. I said I am listening. She said I could get full coverage (liability, collision ect.) for $98 a year. I said I will take it. How can you go from $568 to $98? They still have to be making money. And if I would have said ok to the $568 how would they sleep at night? How many people just call up their agent and say add this atv to my policy? What a crooked industry. I guess my only gripe is that I am not an insurance agent.
it's all a scam imo. my one buddy bought the same atv a few months after i did. we both had a clean driving record, excellent credit, etc. but he was quoted $460 higher than i was paying for the same atv through the same agent. the only difference was that he was 3 years younger than me but still in his 30s as was i. insurance sales is one of the biggest rackets i've ever seen and i'm with you, i'm in the wrong damn business!
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duse View Post
Progressive here,$100 a year full coverage.
Had a claim,totaled the bike , (at that time they informed me I only get $400 check for medical,Which I did not care about because my health INSURANCE COVERS it,but it did pay for the deductible's .
I had the checks BEFORE i got out of Hospital(4weeks later)
Then on top of that they sent me a GET WELL SOON card.
AND on top of that,,,, they never raised my rate.
Fricking love it
New bike new price $245 full coverage

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode