Polaris ATV Forum banner

unsafe, under engineered, over priced

6K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  Vandal 
#1 ·
My new $12,000 UTV has been recalled. It is unsafe. The heat shield was improperly engineered and caused fires.
Out of the goodness of their hearts Polaris will repair the UTV (I wonder if they volunteered or were afraid of lawsuits???). Unfortunately I had to pay to have the UTV delivered when I bought it 2 months ago and Polaris rudely refused to pay to pick up the unit and have it returned to be serviced.
When I contacted "customer service" Chris stated there was nothing Polaris wanted to do about it and surprisingly he claimed he had no supervisor I could talk to.
I had a Artic Cat for 13 years and never had a problem or recall. I've had this Polaris 2 months and now I can't use it.
They stated they wanted to return it to a safe condition. It's brand new....its never been safe.
BEWARE...Over-priced and under engineered....rude, crude, and unsafe!!!
I may have to pay for Polaris' junk, but not without letting everyone I know how bad a company they are....Customers make a company, without them you have no business. Polaris doesn't get that message.
Good luck to other owners....stay safe and trade your Polaris in!

#3 ·
I've been lucky, only 1 vehicle recall in 40 years of driving. Probably because I buy good cars....can't say the same for the UTV. I would expect a car company to do the right thing, I expected the same from Polaris...sadly disappointed.

How long have you worked for Polaris?

#4 ·
Aside from unsafe, under engineered, and over priced what are we talking about here?

#6 ·
Go buy something else then.
Probably because I buy good cars....
List all the vehicles you have bought in the last 40 years.

#12 ·
Wait, you bought something, it had an issue that they are more than willing to fix it for you at no cost to you save getting it to them. Do you not have the ability to transport your machine? You don't have a buddy that will help you transport your machine? WTF? how is it Polaris's fault that you bought something that you can't transport? I've never heard of a company transporting all of their recalled vehicles, on or off road, back to the dealership for repair. Why do you think that you're so special that they should have to transport it back and forth for you?

#14 ·
Trolling for a sympathetic ear. LOL Obviously he didn't read many threads on this forum before he posted. :biglaugh:

#15 ·
but i understand his point,do we have to be the ones where the equipment is tested on ?
in this days the most companies like to get rich in one week and because the most have no owner anymore, and only overpaid managers who move on after a couple of years dosn't matter what happen with there product.
who cares for happy costumers?

#16 ·
Out of all the things polaris builds and a few recalls mean we are test dummies? Anyone will tell you don't get mad when you buy a new model and there are problems. All manufacturers first year new runs are not going to be problem free. It's life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#17 · (Edited)
Polaris will make the repairs free of charge, what more does he expect? Ask Ford, Honda, Toyota, Dodge, Chevrolet. Do auto manufacturers pick up and deliver your car/truck when they issue recalls? No! Coming here whining and bashing the company about this, and expecting us to feel sorry for him, is nonsense.

#20 ·
I can understand gripes about a company's failures and its quality, but I don't understand the OP's beef here. What company would pay to have something shipped back to fix a recall? I just got a notice in the mail today for my Ridgeline that it has a recall to fix something with the air bag. I'm not going to a Honda forum to complain about the recall or the dealership not coming to pick it up at my house.

#21 ·
With a grand total of two posts and not even identifying WHAT machine he bought I'm not even sure he has a Polaris UTV

#22 ·
Another one:crackhead:

#23 ·
:pat:
I have an idea:thinkerg:
Suck it up cupcake... trundle your dead lazy ass out to the barn or garage, strap it on the trailer you picked it up on, and take it to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty... Or are you the mooch that expects his buddies to trailer his rig to the trails...

#24 ·
Suck it up cupcake... trundle your dead lazy ass out to the barn or garage, strap it on the trailer you picked it up on, and take it to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty... Or are you the mooch that expects his buddies to trailer his rig to the trails...
I can't think of any thing to add.

#25 ·
I can't think of any thing to add.

[emoji850][emoji95][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
. . . .
BEWARE...Over-priced and under engineered....rude, crude, and unsafe!!!
I may have to pay for Polaris' junk, but not without letting everyone I know how bad a company they are....Customers make a company, without them you have no business. Polaris doesn't get that message.
Good luck to other owners....stay safe and trade your Polaris in!
Well, well, well - trade it in for what? Another brand new, fall apart, cheaply made, piece of junk? Welcome to Capitalism pal, or should I say welcome to what has now become Corruptionism - business in America (ha!) businesses run with American's at the wheel are only focused on 'providing a profit for their shareholders'. Part of this involves everyone adopting Lean Manufacturing practices.

Lean Manufacturing is Japan's revenge for us dropping the bomb on them. I will try to keep this brief - Lean practices will do wonderful things, but only if you are absolutely thorough with your Statistical Process Controll data. American run Corporations don't have enough patience for that none sense, they want to see BIG returns for their shareholders and they want it NOW.

What these Corporations have discovered is that they can be operating with a kinda sorta 'Leanish' system, use buzz words about their manufacturing, make an inferior product (read: rude, crude and unsafe) and still make a profit for their shareholders even whilst paying for recalls/ replacements of their 'improved' products.

You see, this isn't about you, or I or us. This is about them, they do not care about customer satisfaction, they desire profit and once they get it they desire more, and more. This greed thing is worse than cocaine in the 80's. The fat cats can't stop themselves. Hey - don't get me wrong, I'm all for making a buck . . . but at what price? Knowingly screwing people over with cheap, built in obsolescence products, because it pays huge dividends . . . Is that REALLY the right thing to do? Would you do that to your mother?

Excuse me while I go back to pulling the fly wheel off of my rude, crude and unsafe riding lawnmower that has an engine which is notorious for having the magnets come off and destroying the stator . . .

*when I say 'shareholders' it is not Joe Q. Public with a fist full of stocks, it is the brethren of Board Of Directors that take care of each other.

#29 ·
Stumplifter has cut to the chase...the truth of the issue. Spend a few minutes researching the Polaris annual report and you will find the documentation for everything he says. Basically they build it as cheap as they possibly can without exposing themselves to a class action lawsuit. They hold back millions of dollars to pay off individual lawsuits and the occasion recall that is forced upon them. They ship their production to foreign countries where they can pay slave labor rates and use parts built by other slaves in asia....and they build them so crappy and cheap that it is still cheaper to build the parts in Chine, ship them to Mexico, assemble in Mexico and then ship the finished unit into the states than build them properly from scratch and assemble the final product in the same state where the customer is...think about that for a minute.

"You see, this isn't about you, or I or us. This is about them, they do not care about customer satisfaction, they desire profit and once they get it they desire more, and more."

That is the bottom line...all of us Polaris owners have been bamboozled by the flashy marketing, the promises of great performance, machines that work for the first 100 miles so they can impress the magazine reviewers and peer pressure of "my buddy's all them".

I used to have insight to a MN company that built a great metal product. As I remember, the product sold for $150 and cost about $25 to make right in MN using about 500 employees. Clearly the company and the owners were making plenty of money on them. They company went public and the first thing the new CEO/board of directors did was fire the 500 local folks and move production to China....all to save about $10 a unit by the time you figured in shipping to and from. Sure, with that extra $10 each they all made millions more each personally, but the quality went down, product was never in stock, those 500 people all lost their job and MN lost a lot of revenue. Of course the guys at the top simply did not give a crap because it was all about them.

Polaris management is of the same mindset. I doubt any of them shed a single tear for the individuals that have died or been maimed or injured in the razr fires.

#34 ·
Some shops may offer free pickup, but it doesn't mean they all have to, nor does is mean pissing and moaning about it and telling us all to sell our Polaris products. I offer free computer diagnosis to my customers on their trucks, it doesn't mean every other shop has to or else their reputation gets trashed by one cry baby on the Internet over it. "Adults" these days lmao.

#35 ·
Yep^^^^^^^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.