newby with magnum issues - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV New Members If you are new here please post in this section so everyone can get to know you. This will be a kind of icebreaker section for new members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

newby with magnum issues

hello to all you polaris techs out there, im a shade tree mechanic now used to be a service manager at a local polaris dealer. since leaving i have lost my fell for them so i need some help please. i have a 95 425 mag 4x4, it has a bog around half to full throttle and it will not pull itself out of it. you can leave a gap in between the breather tube and your hand of about a .25 to .50 inch and it will open up. i chk the spk plug white, so i raised the needle one clip, turned the mixture screw out about 2 turns. no cracked intake boots, new float needle and seat, correct float level, all carb cleaned. rebuilt the fuel pump, works great, new lines. im stumped ive asked around no one knows. o yeah also done a visual on the cam and rockers look ok. please help me this thing is a true testimony to polaris it was totaled about 5 times from the previous owner and ran fine until my uncle let someone else work on it and now im stuck fixing the screw ups. thanks for the help CB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:08 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

First off, welcome to the board!

I tried setting my password to "penis" but it said my password wasn't long enough...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

thanks

thanks for the welcome the 800 looks great with the headlight mod. i never really appreciated a polaris's ride quality and all the new inovations they had come out with until i went to a polaris test drive where we could drive all the new models and ride the competition. so how long have you been in the mechanic business do you work on a lot of polaris's. have you ever heard of this problem before? thanks for any input that you might have

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV New Members

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode