Polaris ATV Forum banner

Hello I’m from southern il and have a 18 rzr 900-4

749 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mehargett 
#1 ·
I took it in today for the full service at 50 hours and they are telling me I need a new drive belt. I always use low when climbing or going through creeks and 90% of my riding is just country roads what am I doing wrong or is this machine just a piece of crap

#2 ·
The machine is fine, the drive belt is something that wears with use. Most frequent users will keep an extra one in their gear bag because drive belts can break with normal use. I am not sure of hours but have seen the one in our group have to change at least every two years. I would change it (this is user replaceable) and keep the old one as a backup. There are aftermarket ones that are for more heavier duty use which might give you more time. The big items that impacts belts is the break-in (done right or not), type of driving done (high speed use, climbing, mudding, etc.) and how often you drive with 4 passengers. Hopefully this helps.

#3 ·
50hrs seems way too early to need a belt if it hasn't gotten wet or been abused in some other way. How many miles?

We recommend the first service at 20hrs then every 50 after that so I wonder about your dealership. The machines come with the service interval set at 50 and we change them when the machine is delivered. If nothing else I would have them show you the old belt, compared with a new one and explain why it needs to be replaced. If they are good at customer service they should be willing to do this for you. Then if it does actually need to be replaced, maybe they can tell you what was happening that caused it so soon.

#6 ·
I had the first service done at 20 hrs but that was just an oil change and this is the full service at 50 hrs and no I don’t just this dealership that much but I do ride a lot with me the wife and my two teenagers but like I said always in low if off road or climbing but haven’t done a lot of that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.