Polaris ATV Forum banner

2015 Polaris 570 EFI EPS Sportsman Fuel Pump Issues

10K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  JKLittle 
#1 ·
Need Help! I’m on my 3rd Fuel Pump. Pump 2 lasted 5 hours, pump 3, 1 hour. Pump 3 is coming on but not pumping any gas. The battery had low voltage. Could that be an issue? Will that effect the Fuel pump from sending fuel?
I charged the battery and still wouldn’t start. Then this morning after turning over multiple times, it started up. Very confused. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Will it run right now???? If it will read the voltage at the battery. At idle and at 3,000rpm. Should read 13.5-14.5vdc. My initial thoughts are the machine is running in an over voltage state and blowing the pumps prematurely.

#4 ·
It was running again. Drove it 3-days in a row for 20 minutes then no go again. The pump runs but it doesn’t pump fuel. After turning the key and turning engine over, after it doesn’t start. I turn the key off and it clicks rapidly back at the carburetor on one of those sensors. Not sure what the deal is there. I will check the volts on the battery. The display reads that it’s low. 10.4

#5 ·
Well you have to get the battery and charging system right before go any further with a diagnosis. The battery needs to be charged and load tested. Once the battery is operating optimally you need to check the charging system.

#7 ·
When you say fuel is not sent how do you know????

#8 ·
Because I pulled the fuel line off of the rail and put it in a bucket, turned the key and there was no fuel coming thru. I ended up putting the old pump assembly back on as it would pump, just wouldn’t pump the needed pressure. As before, it did pump fuel. I’m thinking that that tells me that I just got a bad replacement pump. Maybe my low battery previously damaged the pumps.

#9 ·
I noticed that my new assembly was about 1” shorter than my original assembly. I think it’s actually an assembly for a Polaris 570 Ranger, not a Sportsman 4-wheeler. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. The new assembly doesn’t rest on the bottom of the tank. (or push up on the spring post)

#10 ·
Well if you're getting pump whine and no fuel I would suspect a bad connection in the tank!!

#11 ·
They both do the same thing. Earlier on I checked both assemblies outside of the tank. The both made the same Whining noise when powered up. The newer one produced no fuel when put back in the tank. The old one that pumped fuel but wouldn’t pressure up to the needed pressure, still pumped fuel this last time. That’s what’s making me think the new pump is bad. The electric system is telling both to pump fuel. The new one isn’t producing any fuel.

#13 ·
Hmmm.....Well now knowing that the assembly they sent me was actually for a Ranger tank and is 1” shorter in length, I thought you may be right so I tested. Put fuel in a bucket, attached the hose to the pump, and dropped it in. Guess what? It pumped fuel. So I re-installed the new assembly back onto the atv and it started. It ran kinda rough at first then cleared up. Idling well, went to put my tools up and it died. Won’t start now. Frustrated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.