New to forum - from Western NC - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV New Members If you are new here please post in this section so everyone can get to know you. This will be a kind of icebreaker section for new members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

New to forum - from Western NC

Hello

The wife just purchased from her friend who is moving a 2011 Sportsman 500 H.O. with only 80 hours on the clock. Machine has been sitting for some time but after digging out all the rodent nests wedge under the engine and installing a new battery it runs like a top. I get to ride it to and from the barn for maintenance purposes only
Looks good sitting next to her Kawasaki Mule.

At least I get to ride our ‘02 Recon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheaser View Post
Hello

The wife just purchased from her friend who is moving a 2011 Sportsman 500 H.O. with only 80 hours on the clock. Machine has been sitting for some time but after digging out all the rodent nests wedge under the engine and installing a new battery it runs like a top. I get to ride it to and from the barn for maintenance purposes only
Looks good sitting next to her Kawasaki Mule.

At least I get to ride our ‘02 Recon.
Where does she ride over there? I've always wanted to come over that way and ride some but don't know where to go. My ancestors came across the Cumberland Gap from over around Cold Mountain area.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

We live on 22 acres and that’s adjacent to over 120 acres plus there’s a lot of other land with trails that are a short run on paved roads so most of the time we’re riding “around the neighborhood”. There is also thousands of acres of forestry service land with many miles of service roads that we usually take the Jeep to play on but are also excellent for ATVS. We live about as far west as you can go in NC on the GA/TN borders.

I use a couple of mapping apps for both Android and iOS. My favorite is Gaia gps loaded with the free forestry service topos. It shows all the service roads, trails and main roads plus works when there’s no cell/wifi and only ages signal is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 04:07 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Welcome!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV New Members

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode