Polaris ATV Forum banner

New Guy

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Vortechman 
#1 ·
Hello all, just bought my first wheeler earlier today. Had it narrowed down to a 2012 brute force 750 4x4i eps and a 2012 sportsman 550 eps. I'm pretty sure you can figure out which one I went with. I'm looking forward to exchanging info with everyone.

#2 ·
Hello & welcome!!! Enjoy the new ride!!

#3 ·
welcome to the forum! congrats on your purchase. enjoy it!

#5 ·
Welcome to our community. Congrats on choosing a nice ride. Out of curiosity, what was the final straw that got you to choose the Polaris over the Brute? Enjoy. Be safe. Don't forget to drop a pin on the member map. I'm interested to see what you define as CNY.

#14 ·
#7 ·
Well kicker, I guess I would have to say that I preferred the way the sportsman rode compared to the brute. Plus, I have to admit that the wife liked the color of the sportsman. I guess it was a good thing I was leaning that way already.

#9 ·
She preferred the silver to the Kawi green, which I honestly liked it more too but I never use color as a sole decision maker, that is asking for trouble. I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's hospitality, and I am on the map and surprised to see people not too far away.

#11 ·
Well, I still seem to bethe outlier amongst the NY members here. Congrats on understanding geography enough to say Central New York. Last guy I saw claiming to be from "Northern New York" on here, I got excited and thought perhaps I had found someone new to ride with. Turned out he lived in Binghamton.
But I will still extend my invitation. If you want to come ride the Tugg Hill in Lewis County, look me up. It is pretty good riding. I don't know what you have available down there by you.

#12 ·
I will try and figure out how to upload pictures within a couple days, picking it up tomorrow after the dealer installs a couple things that I got a great price on. I'm definitely open to road trips so I just might look you up kicker, sounds like it could be a good time.

#17 ·
That seems to be their sales pitch, I copied the product description off the polaris website.

"Best for traction in heavy and deep snow, The Glacier III is also available in 48", 52" and 60" blades and is easy to install and remove with Lock & Ride Technology. The innovative 66" Sno-Glide blade flexes & absorbs impact to minimize stress on the vehicle while plowing. In addition the wide swath increases productivity and reduces plowing time."

#18 ·
Nice lookin' ride Vortech. Have a blast man but keep it safe. I like the brushguard too. What one is that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.