Hey Newbies! Need to find the right person to answer your question? - Page 2 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV New Members If you are new here please post in this section so everyone can get to know you. This will be a kind of icebreaker section for new members.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 1499 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to WishBone Send a message via Yahoo to WishBone
Question

I guess I'll take you up on your kind offer, Blueline15. Thanks for making a newbie feel welcome.

I'm looking to buy a sportsman 500 but I'm wondering what year they added the "decent control?" Sounds like a good thing. I remember downhills getting a touch too exciting sometimes on the last Sportsman I had, even if it DID have the engine braking. It seemed like rear was doing too much of the braking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1499 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Legend

i believe the limited edition 06-07 models had ADC, and then from there the 08-10 model year EFI sportsmans have all had the ADC

post #13 of 1499 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to WishBone Send a message via Yahoo to WishBone
Thanks, Blueline15
That helps me alot. I'm hoping to find what I'm looking for sometime this month. I'm tired of havin these "Toyless Blues"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1499 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 PM
ATV Enthusiast

new here

whts up evryone new here and just bought 2010 850 with eps
post #15 of 1499 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Consumerism Challenge Blueline

Thanks for the offer Blueline. I'm sorta new. I did use the info on this site to mount a #2500 winch. Had some contactor placement issues but advice here saved the day. Now I'm at 18.5 hours on my new 2010 850 EPS Touring and it is time to do my first oil change. I know Polaris doesn't make oil or filters--they just private label what some other mfg. makes. What I want to know Blueline (and I know you work for a dealer) is what is a comparable filter and oil (weight and viscosity) that will work for my new ride that I can get at the local walmart or Tractor Supply? I'm also looking for a filter the is easy to put on and take off. I have heard the PoPo filter is a little difficult to get on/off. Any advice on a filter wrench. First change, just want to start right and get right tool for the long haul.
post #16 of 1499 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 04:03 AM

I used a K&N oil filter. It comes with a nut attached to the bottom so you can use a ratchet wrench to get it off. That works out a whole lot better. Walmart does have their own brand that fits the Polaris as well for around $3. I also used Amsoil synthetic oil in my 800. You can buy the K&N filters at a lot of auto parts stores now.
post #17 of 1499 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Hey all, I like the forum, I'm a newbie looking for a few answers....I just got a 2006 Sportsman 90 for the kids. a few questions:
1. It leans a little to one side...any kind of adjustment other than the springs...no unusual tire wear...no steering problems.
2. Backfires once in a while...it was sitting when we bought it....went through the carb completely...it runs fine...I adjusted the mixture both ways..still backfires....do I need a hotter plug??
3. The lights up front were damaged...I am ordering new ones...don't see a headlight switch...are they on all the time??
Thanks,
FITZ
post #18 of 1499 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:42 PM

Anyone try the 3 way headlight modification for the trail boss sold on ebay here?
Polaris Trail boss ATV 3 way headlight mod NEW: eBay Motors (item 280517228365 end time Jun-12-10 20:42:32 PDT)
post #19 of 1499 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 06:18 AM

01 Sportsman 500 HO (newbie)

hi I have a 2001 sportsman 500 HO. I replaced pulser coil after recoil self destructed and acts like the symptoms of the DREADED bad exhaust cam. Cam is fine and ran great before it happened. I have been through every thing i can think of (carb x 2, throttle cable adjustment throttle actuator, spark plug, different flywheel, boot for carb to engine) starts and idles fine, just bump the throttle slightly,or try to feather it, it misses and backfires then dies. Trying to avoid taking it to the stealer. prices are way out of line, bad attitudes, and 4 to 5 weeks behind. I,m board-line for drugs and or C-4 Help!? John K
post #20 of 1499 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 04:35 PM

Just bought my third new polaris in six years,not happy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV New Members

Tags
800 sportsman, 90cc, scrambler 90

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode