Hey Newbies! Need to find the right person to answer your question? - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV New Members If you are new here please post in this section so everyone can get to know you. This will be a kind of icebreaker section for new members.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1499 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 04:41 PM

not sure if message is getting out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 PM

I have the 3 Outlaw 500s and my wife wants to change her plastic to a different color (Pink) is this possible and where can I find the link.
post #23 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
Thanks for the offer Blueline. I'm sorta new. I did use the info on this site to mount a #2500 winch. Had some contactor placement issues but advice here saved the day. Now I'm at 18.5 hours on my new 2010 850 EPS Touring and it is time to do my first oil change. I know Polaris doesn't make oil or filters--they just private label what some other mfg. makes. What I want to know Blueline (and I know you work for a dealer) is what is a comparable filter and oil (weight and viscosity) that will work for my new ride that I can get at the local walmart or Tractor Supply? I'm also looking for a filter the is easy to put on and take off. I have heard the PoPo filter is a little difficult to get on/off. Any advice on a filter wrench. First change, just want to start right and get right tool for the long haul.
wow, sorry for my long delay.

you will find a hard time finding the right weight of oil at a lot of places. it is a fairly uncommon 0w40 full synethic oil. if you use a 10w40 that is very common, it will be too thick and it will probably blow through the airbox and soak your airfilter in oil, not good, so you have to stick with a 0w40.

i dont know who manufactures the polaris oil, they wont tell us. subaru manufactures the oil filters, from what i have seen stamped on them before. i personally like the hi flo filtro oil filters and in aftermarket brand. K&N makes sub-par filters for the price, its more about the name. i personally would not use K&N anything on any of my machines.

the only filter wrench we have found at the shop that fits and works for the XP is the one you can get through a dealer. we havent found one from any of our local auto parts stores (napa, autozone, ect.) that fits right. that filter wrench from the dealer is about $20-$30. i cant remember exactly. or, if you have a cool shop like us, they might let you borrow the filter wrench for a day or two for a $20 deposit (fully refundable when you bring the filter wrench back) to change your own oil at home

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 03:43 PM

how do i find the yearof 250 es?bough as basket case for grandkid needs a primary clutch thanks pete
post #25 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Legend

got a vin#?

post #26 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:43 PM

Question 1991 400 4 x 4

Help a newbie,
I just purchased what I was told is a 1991 Polaris Trail Boss 400 4 x 4 I went to Dennis Kirk to check into purchasing some things for it and they don't even list such a thing. Is somebody yanking my chain and took me for a ride? Where would I go to find out. It does say 400 and 4 x 4 on it
post #27 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Welcome amc. Let blueline know the vin# ( it should be on the frame ).

Con

2007 Sportsman 800 efi , L&R tall windshield, Viper Max 4000 lb. winch with 3/16" Amsteel rope by Atv Winch Rope, 25' Amsteel tow rope by Atv Winch Rope, RDC fairlead, RDC deluxe gas cap, RDC shifter, RDC overflow bottle cap, RDC 2" lift , 27" Maxxis bighorns s/w on Vision Outback 12" wheels, Uni air filter, Dalton o/bl primary clutch spring, front and rear brushguard, front and rear rack extensions, and a SanAngelo backrest

Last edited by racer37l; 07-12-2010 at 02:46 AM.
post #28 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:52 PM

my sportsman 350 1993 wont idle i replaced the carb but i think it might be the reath NEED HELP!!!!
post #29 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 05:54 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
i dont know who manufactures the polaris oil, they wont tell us.
From a Polaris web site
Quote:
Lube-Tech is a leading supplier of lubricants, solvents and chemicals for numerous applications. Lube-Tech blends Polaris Performance Lubricants to exacting Polaris specifications and also provides the Polaris Racing program with products such as race fuel, shop cleaners and solvents.
Every manufacturer that makes equipment with an engine has its own name on an oil bottle. That includes all the major auto manufacturers, the makers of motorcycles, ATV's, snowmobiles, farm equipment, you name it, they all have oils. But none of these equipment manufacturers actually make an oil. They sell oil to make more money, and then they often price these oils well above the going rate for competitive lubricants because, like Polaris, they can specify or create the impression that only their oil be used in their equipment.

Last edited by Miker; 07-23-2010 at 09:36 AM.
post #30 of 1499 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 AM

I just bought a 2010 Sportsman 300. I purchased a winch to put on it but the instructions do not tell me where to mount the winch contactor. Does anybody have a good idea of where to mount it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV New Members

Tags
800 sportsman, 90cc, scrambler 90

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode