Polaris ATV Forum banner

R2c air filters

7K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  xOUTLAWx 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to get r2c air filters for a sportsman. Called sealers on there website in ny, & pa both say they havent been able to get anything from r2c for months

#2 ·
I got mine from Ryan @ RVS Performance. RVS Performance had them at a competitive price and free shipping

#6 ·
Strange...Hopefully they aren't going out of business. They make some of the best filters I've used.

#7 ·
Yeah, I run one on my 570, and was hoping to get one for the General. Hope they're not going under.

#11 · (Edited)
Against popular vote and a number of articles I’ve read that do not speak highly of UNI for atv’s, I am running one. I’ve had not one issue with mine.
I’ve run UNI since I was a kid racing MX and have never run into issues.
I think the secret is managing the amount of oil used. I think too many people drench the filter and then run it immediately after.
When oiling, place the filter in a gallon size zip lock and apply just enough oil to cover the filter. Once evenly applied let it sit for a day and become really tacky before installing and running on it.
I too came up empty handed while searching for the R2C.

#15 ·
They are washable and I have used compressed air to help dry mine. They have service kit's on eBay which has cleaner and oil in them, after I use the cleaner I rinse it out with water and then blow it out with compressed air and then usually let it set and air dry before re-oiling it.

#13 ·
I trashed the UNI when I found dirt passed the filter in the intake. The pics below show the one major flaw in the UNI filter for the XP line. The seal on the UNI was the big problem for me, it's just foam glued to a hard plastic body that rolls up after being installed and taken out more than a few times. I thought someone told me they updated the seal, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

#14 ·
Mine does not have the foam. It is more like your R2C if I remember correctly so maybe they did update it.

#25 ·
I trashed the UNI when I found dirt passed the filter in the intake. The pics below show the one major flaw in the UNI filter for the XP line. The seal on the UNI was the big problem for me, it's just foam glued to a hard plastic body that rolls up after being installed and taken out more than a few times. I thought someone told me they updated the seal, but I could be wrong.
Mine does not have the foam. It is more like your R2C if I remember correctly so maybe they did update it.
It might have been you that has told me that before then. Would you mind PMing me a pic of the updated seal when you get a chance?...No rush.
No problem. Ill be giving her a spring service before next ride anyway.

#18 ·
i just emailed them to see if they can update their listing as it stops at year 2014 model in link i posted,
they all use same filter anyway unless 2017 and newer are different , i don’t think so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.