OEM VS Aftermarket - Page 3 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Oil, Lubrication & Filter Discussions for Engine Oils, Gear Oils, Lubrication & Filter, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

As I pointed out before WIX was, and may still be, the stock oil filter manufacturer for Polaris. Why pay Polaris for the pretty custom printing when you can go to the local auto parts store and get exactly the same filter?

VOA = Virgin Oil Analysis

VOA on Polaris PS-4 0W50 Polaris PS-4 | Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO | Bob Is The Oil Guy

VOA on Shell Rotella T6 0W40 Shell Rotella T6 5w40 VOA | Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO | Bob Is The Oil Guy

VOA on Mobil 1 0W50 Mobile 1 5W50 VOA | Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO | Bob Is The Oil Guy

VOA on Schaeffer's S9000 5W40 http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=349800

IMHO Schaeffer's S9000 5W40 is some of the best stuff out there. Since it meets VW 505.01 and beats the old Castrol TXT zinc levels I've started running it in my Jetta PD TDI. Maybe I'll get my poorly designed camshaft exhaust lobes past 100,000 miles.

Shell Rotella T6 0W40 or Mobil 1 0W50 Synthetics are easily much better oils than the Polaris PS-4 branded oil and you can't beat the price and availability.

Using better engine oil should prolong the life of the internals but it will have no bearing on whether it makes it past warranty... If you have an early catastrophic engine failure it'll be from something other than the oil.

The dealer will not be running a used oil analysis to tell whether you used their overpriced engine oil. It's a guaranteed looser, for them, under Magnussen Moss.

Last edited by hatzie; 05-27-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

I'd rather run Rotella T-6, that's what I run in my street bike. I'm not taking any chances on a warranty denial over oil. Wish someone in the know (dealer,factory rep) would chime in.

Only thing my dealer told me is keep my receipts and log the miles and hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Sportsman 570 Green EPS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Oil, Lubrication & Filter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode