Polaris ATV Forum banner

2015 Sportsman oil leak

8K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  hammer855 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to this Forum and just joined on tonight. I just bought me the new 2015 Polaris Sportsman 4X4 delivered to my home from the dealer today. What I noticed was oil leaking from the engine when I first turned her on from the bottom of this part that I have listed in the attachment file. Is this normal? I'll contact the dealer first thing in the morning to find out but wanted to ask you all on this forum first do to the time of night it is. I will contact the dealership about what I discovered.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Brand new quad ...... oil leak bud that's not normal. Hope you get it fixed soon. Hopefully it's just a bad seal gasket or rubber o-ring.

#6 ·
Good news is that the dealer picked up the Sportsman first thing this morning and found out that the oil pump O ring gasket was faulty causing it to leak oil. This was fixed and the dealer is returning Sportsman today. I would like to thank you all in this Forum for the help and support.

#9 ·
My 2 cents was it's was a fluke mistake probably wrench man in a hurry over something he done a million times or just a bad o ring was put in there at polaris. .. more less good eye on your behalf and great dealer sounds like it was easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.