2013 Outlaw 50 Speed and Torque - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

2013 Outlaw 50 Speed and Torque

Accidently wrote 2013 in the title (can't seem to edit that) but it's a 2016

I bought my son a 2016 Polaris Outlaw 50 but he's use to a Scrambler 50 my niece rides. I have no problems with the Outlaw 50, I think it's great for what it is but it's only hitting a top speed of 12 and doesn't have nearly the power of the Scrambler. I realize the Scrambler is a 2 stroke and I don't need the Outlaw to hit 20mph like that one does but the Outlaw just seems really slow and weak compared to it. Is there a CDI I can swap out or any other mods that can be done to make this thing last a little while longer? He's nowhere near ready for a 90 and my next ones going to be a 2 stroke if all the 4 strokes are like this so that jump is a long ways off.

Thanks.

Last edited by Lecithin; 08-19-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:47 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

A 50 cc two stroke generates the power of a 110 cc four stroke and the 50 cc Outlaw has Per ANSI / SVIA-1-2010 (sec. 6.1) the unrestricted top speed is 15 MPH or less for the Y-6+ models and 30 MPH or less for the Y-10+ models.

There is a throttle limiter screw that may be adjusted for a higher top speed, but there is not much that can be done for the power or torque. On a four stroke engine there is no substitute for displacement.

Shop Owner and Mechanic with over 50 years experience
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:24 AM
ATV Enthusiast

When my kids were on youth quads all I would buy were older 2-stroke 80-90cc's. Modifications to make them faster are cheap and plentiful so I was able to modify them as they're skills improved.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in