Polaris ATV Forum banner

not running right after snorkeling

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  wrench2nr 
#1 ·
I recently installed a snorkel kit on my 2010 850 sportman xp and it doesnt run the same as before, has anyone had the same issue, does snorkeling have any effect on air fuel ratio

#3 ·
No other mods and its the snorkelyouratv snorkel kit. Well I did put a k&n air filter on it, exhaust is stock, engine stock.

#5 ·
It idles ok, but when I go to give it gas it trys to cut out. I sealed the airbox up pretty good. I just now tried to start it and it woulnd start just crank. Finally got it to start and took duct tape and covered 1 snorkel completely, and the other snorkel I covered almost completely just a small slit for it to breath and it ran much better. Seems to me its getting to much air, but you said you have no problems with yours doesnt make sense.

#7 ·
Thats kind of what ii was thinking, needed to be sure though and thank you. Now do you have a preference for a programmer?

#8 · (Edited)
I've always used Dynojet power commander III or V on everything I have to put one on, or the auto tune if available. The auto tune is the best. I've only done a couple atv's, but LOTS of motorcycles. Their software is super easy to use, almost always has a preprogrammed setup for the pipe and intake combo I'm installing. Only one that I ever had to play with was my 05 Suzuki Boulevard C90. And that had my pipes in it, but I also have a high flow air filter and an intake modification as well as a little engine work done to it. So that's really my own fault. They come vehicle specific and are completely plug and play and use your laptop and a usb interface to program them. Plan on about $400 though.

#9 ·
Hey thanks for the help, I figured on spending around that much, guess I'll be on the computer looking it up, again thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.