Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4 mods - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4 mods

Hey guys, nice forum you have here! Ex-racer, just purchased my first Polaris (and first 4x4, 2004 Scrambler 500). It had a stripped front sprocket (the guy never tightened the chain), so I put in a 12 tooth front sprocket (+1 from stock), a pro-circut 4 stroke full exhaust kit, and a HPD clutch kit. The only other things I was looking at upgrading where the airbox/filter, jetting on the carb, and possibly spacers to widen out the stance. What are some suggestions as far as airbox/filter and carb jetting? The performance difference in the clutch kit/exhaust/sprocket was dramatic to say the least, just looking to make sure everything is dialed in.

We just got back from the Hatfield/McCoy trails in Logan/Mann. What a blast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hatfield1010.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1450  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

why would you go up 1 in the front and not down 1 considering the performance mods you have on your machine? with your full exhaust system i would definitely recommend a jet kit, these machines run lean from the factory to begin with, so im sure adding the pipe made it even more so. after you install your jetkit you should notice a couple extra ponies in there i would imagine.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

After looking into it a little further, I see the reasoning behind dropping down one on the teeth. Thanks for the input regarding the jetting as well. Is there a particular jet kit you recommend?

Last edited by ScramblerJim; 11-10-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

i prefer factory pro jet kits, but dynojet jet kits are good as well. dynojet makes a kit for your carb for around $50 i believe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode