Chapman's in DAvison MI don't go there - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Chapman's in DAvison MI don't go there

Well my experience started out good, but soon went south after purchase. Upon getting my new atv home I discovered the tires were low, battery was dead, no gas, extra bolts laying in the frame, and here is where it gets good the rear brake master cylinder was not hooked up and the brake pedal itself was not attached to the machine! All of this after they told me how great their techincians are. I called and they didn't seem all that worried about it , but did order the parts. I was told the parts would be in in 3 days. When I called to check on my parts after 1 week I was informed that they had not been ordered yet because they did not have enough items for an order , when I asked the service guy about the 3 days he got mad and hung up on me. I called back and talked to the owner and his repsonse was "well you must have sworn at him." not a chance I have done automotive service for 20 years I know that doesn't get you anywhere. I then received my parts which I will install myself since I witnessed the kind of service work they do first hand. I called and asked salesman to check with the owner and see if he would ok heavy duty front springs for my inconvienence. Salesman never called back so I called and he stated the owner would sell them to me for cost. $56.00 each ??? retail is $74.95 a pair. Bottom line is these people do not care about customer service ,are not knowledgable about the products they are selling, they lie, they don't return phone calls etc. buyer beware!!!!

Last edited by michstorm; 12-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance..... good info to share.

Unhappy customers give all kinds of "free advertisement"...... to bad it's usually not the kind the deal is looking for!!

Matthew "MustBeNice"

2012 SPORTSMAN 800 EFI (INDY RED) Sept. 2015 ATV Of The Month
Mods: SuperWinch 3000 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Glacier3 60" Plow - Polaris Rack Extenders - Polaris Bumpers - LowPro Shield - Polaris Hand Guards - Warning Debadge - 3Way Head Light (Relay) - Cabelas Mirrors - Wes Ind. Std Seat/Box - Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr - 26" Kenda BearClaw HTR Tires - HighLifter HD Springs - MotoAlliance Sirius 6" Pro LED Light Bar

2005 SPORTSMAN 400 (SONIC BLUE)
Mods: Warn 2500 Winch - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Mid Shield - Wes Ind. Seat/Box - Shift Interlock Delete - Coleman Mirrors - Polaris Bumpers - 25" Kenda K590 Tires - PVC Spring Spacers

2014 RZR 570 EFI EPS LE TRAIL (WHITE LIGHTENING)
Mods: HarborFreight Badland 3500 Winch - MotoAlliance Winch Mount - MotoAlliance Line Stopper - Polaris Sport Roof - 1/2 Windshield - Warning Debadge - Rear View Mirror - Seat Adjuster - 26" Maxxis Tires - MotoAlliance Sirius 10" Pro LED Light Bar
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

That's crazy that happened. I was in Ray C's last week to see if they had anything and the sales guy told me to go up there and check them out. Glad I didn't make the drive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

It is unfortunate the way it went down. I gave them several chances to try to make it right and they weren't interested. It seems very difficult to find a atv, motorcycle, boat dealer etc that knows what they are doing and that you trust.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

I understand. If you're in the Lapeer County area, there is Greenias in Almont. I know the polaris mechanic there and he's a good guy, but lately I've heard their customer service hasn't been the best. No first hand experience to confirm though.

Luckily the Polaris dealer that's local to me seems great to deal with.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

I went to Chapman's because I haven't been thrilled with the dealer close to me. Seems I cant win. Oh well that's the way it goes.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

You should share your experience with popo headquarters.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

I don't think popo headquarters will really care judging by their history with warranty work.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

That is my next call, but I don't expect it to go anywhere.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Fly
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michstorm View Post
I went to Chapman's because I haven't been thrilled with the dealer close to me. Seems I cant win. Oh well that's the way it goes.
People are a-holes now days. If I were him, I would of ordered your parts ASAP and apologized profusely.

My local Polaris dealer is also a tool. I avoid them as much as possible. Not only can one not trust them but they are rude with absolutely no provocation. Other have noticed it, too. So, screw them. I buy my machines elsewhere. Once in a while I'll stop in and buy some chain lube or filter oil. They missed out on three sales and another one coming up all just because they're jerks.

08 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode