550 EPS vs 570 EFI W/EPS - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

550 EPS vs 570 EFI W/EPS

Good day all! I am new here to the forum, but not new to wheeling. Currently have a 2000 Sportsman 500 RSE (LOVE it!) and am looking to pick up 2 new ones for the wife and I. We don't do any speed runs nor live in the mud. We do like riding trails and the occasional trip through some muddy stuff. I am leaning towards the 550 and the 570 for us both. My 500 (not H.O.) has more power than I have ever needed and will go plenty fast for me. That being said, I am curious of the difference between the 550 and the 570 EFI. I would imagine the 570 will be somewhat more efficient with fuel being EFI, but why the price difference? What are the big items to sway a purchase one way or the other? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Welcome to the forum!

07 500 EFI HO X2 Deluxe
25" Original Bighorns
Polaris HD Front springs front & rear bumpers

money is the root of all evil & man needs roots:
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Garage
The XP 550 has a more advanced suspension and nicer ride. I own a 550 X2, but I have only test driven a 570, but if I had to pick I would go with the 550 like I have now. Even with both machines being EPS equipped, the 570 had more kickback on rocks and logs than my current XP. The 570 has simpler Macpherson Strut suspension while the 550XP has dual a-arm suspension with Coil over shocks.

There are other minor differences, but the specs are pretty close. both machines seem pretty equal on power from a seat of the pants feel. I actually felt that my 550 had a little more grunt than the 570, not a big difference though.

I feel the 550 is worth the extra $$$, some will argue the other way, as always, ride both and buy the one you prefer.

Mine- 2011 Sportsman X2 550 With EPS!!-Warn 2500lb Winch, Guru Brush Guard, RZR H13 bulb headlights, KC LED Yellow tint Driving Lights, Rigid light bar mounted in the pod, Autometer Phantom Oil Temperature, Coolant Temperature, and Voltmeter Gauges, Polaris Low Lock and Ride windshield, Acerbis Handguards, Symtec Heated Grips and Thumb warmer, 2+2 gallon Rotopax Fuel packs, STI HD Beadlock wheels and 27" GBC Spartacus Tires

Hers- 2012 Sportsman 550XP EPS Blue Fire LE 27" ITP Mudlites on ITP SS212 Wheels, LED headlights, Mile Marker 2500 lb winch, Polaris bodyguards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Garage
Oh and both the 550 and the 570 are EFI equipped.

Mine- 2011 Sportsman X2 550 With EPS!!-Warn 2500lb Winch, Guru Brush Guard, RZR H13 bulb headlights, KC LED Yellow tint Driving Lights, Rigid light bar mounted in the pod, Autometer Phantom Oil Temperature, Coolant Temperature, and Voltmeter Gauges, Polaris Low Lock and Ride windshield, Acerbis Handguards, Symtec Heated Grips and Thumb warmer, 2+2 gallon Rotopax Fuel packs, STI HD Beadlock wheels and 27" GBC Spartacus Tires

Hers- 2012 Sportsman 550XP EPS Blue Fire LE 27" ITP Mudlites on ITP SS212 Wheels, LED headlights, Mile Marker 2500 lb winch, Polaris bodyguards
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome! We are planning a trip to a dealer tomorrow to see how they feel. Have to see if they have one of each to test drive. I will post what we think if we get a chance to ride them! Thanks again!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 AM

I recently posted this for another forum member...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paynetrain View Post
We were in the same boat about a month ago comparing the 550 and 570. We liked both and hard a time deciding between the two. The 570 feels more torquey out of the two. It puts the power down and the front end will come up on you when you really hit the gas. I took it to a dirt track the other week and had an absolute blast. The 550 is on a different platform. The suspension on this rig really shines and absorbs a lot more that the 570 does. I will tell you that I like the suspension on the 550 quite a bit more than the 570. The 550 is no slouch though when it comes to power but it is delivered smoother than the 570. In the end we bought both lol. Good luck on your purchase...

2014 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP HO EPS
Polaris HD 2500 LB. Winch
Polaris Lock and Ride Cargo Box & Backrest
Polaris Lock and Ride Front Storage Box
Garmin Montana 600 with Ram Mount

2014 Polaris 550 EPS
Polaris HD 2500 LB. Winch
Wes Industries Seat with Polaris Lock and Ride
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
here we go again.

take a look at the other threads that pose this same question. There are a lot of opinions on the matter. but in the end, it comes down to which machine fits you better. ride them both then decide.

but to explain the price difference it's all in the suspension and the wheels/tires. The Double A-arm suspension and the 14" wheels with 26" rubber on them on the 550 and the McPherson struts and 12" wheels with 25" tires on the 570. there are some capacity gains with the 550 over the 570, but IMHO they aren't much. same with the suspension travel and ground clearance.

"There are no problems. There are only Solutions. It's your job to find the right one.

2017 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS
3500 lbs Polaris winch with Synthetic Rope
Front Utility Rack
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips

2007 Hawkeye 300 17HP of gutless glory
25" STI Black Diamond ATRs
Pure Polaris Deluxe front Brush guard
Pure Polaris hand guards
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips
4" LED on the pod
8" LED light bar on the front bumper.
Badlands 2500 lbs. winch w/remote and Kong winch saver.
Full Aluminum Skid plate and A-arm guards(custom built)
Pure Polaris Front rack extension
Quadworks Stage 1 power kit
  • K&N Highflow reusable filter
  • Quadworks highflow prefilter
  • Dynojet kit
2" rear spring spacers
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

^^ This. Try them both out and see what you like better.

Both are equally great machines, it might come down to something as simple as liking the body styling of one or the other.

2013 850XP HO

F/R Polaris Bumpers
2up Seat / Foot Pegs
HL HD Springs
QSC Clutch kit
27" Grippers
Direction 2 Flares
Lock N Ride Front Box
Lock N Ride Tall Windshield
3000lb Winch w/ Custom Mount
60" Kimpex Click N' go
Custom Plow Wings
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Go with the 550! You will love it!

2015 Polaris Sportsman 1000 XP EPS Browning Edition
GSE Exhaust
Polaris Lock n Ride Cargo Box- Front
OGIO Camo Lock n Ride Cargo Box- Rear
Polaris Mirrors
Polaris Hand Guards
Polaris XP Front and Rear Brush Guards
Hand/Thumb Warmers
Polaris 3500 lb. Winch
OEM Fender Flares
EPI HD Springs
QSC Clutch Kit
Polaris MB Quart Sound System
Maxxis Big Horns 29x9x14, 29x11x14
MSA Diesel M-12s Custom Camo Rims
(mine)

2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 SP HUNTER EDITION
Polaris Lock n Ride Cargo Box- Front
OGIO Camo Lock n Ride Cargo Box- Rear
Polaris Mirrors
Polaris Hand Guards
Polaris XP Front and Rear Brush Guards
Hand/Thumb Warmers
Polaris 2500 lb. Winch
OEM Fender Flares
Polaris MB Quart Sound System
Kenda Bear Claw Evo Tires 26x9x14. 26x11x14
STI HD4 Matte Black Rims
(wife)

"Every man dies....Not every man truly lives"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster32 View Post
Go with the 550! You will love it!
Buckmaster- You went with the Browning Edition... we are also considering them. Are you happy with that decision or would you do it different now?

I know they come with the nice camo, rack extender, bumpers, 2500# winch, gun scabbard... We don't hunt, will want brush guards not just bumpers, maybe a heavier winch, and the body side guard kits. We will be adding the fuel carriers to the front rack, large boxes to the rear racks, so rack extenders would probably have to be removed anyway...

I'm going to be honest and say I haven't priced everything separately and added it to the base 550 EPS XP vs the 550 EPS Browning and then add the extras we want.

Just curious... We LOVE the feel of the XP's and don't need the power or speed of the 850, so I think with the help of the forum, the 550 is what we will be getting. Now... Browning or not Browning

#middleageproblems

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode