Best/Worst dealership experience? - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Best/Worst dealership experience?

Just wanted to hear about some of the experiences with your local dealerships.

2003 Suzuki Eiger 400 Quad Runner.
2013 Sportsman 500 H.O.
Next rig coming soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Mine is great, small Christian family owned business.
A week after I bought my 850, I noticed what seemed to be a warped front wheel. I swapped the front tires from one side to the other to ensure it wasn't a hub, bearing, etc...
I called them, he asked me to run it by just so he could have his mechanic ride it, I did. He said the wheel did seem to be very slightly warped. He pulled one off of a new machine that had just been pulled out of the crate...he told me it would take Polaris a few weeks to work though the warranty junk and get the wheel shipped. He didn't want me to have to bring it back up there and all that. So he told me he'd work it out with them and put the replacement wheel on the new machine.

He didn't have to do that...good people!

Current Machine: 2013 Sportsman XP 850HO EPS Limited (Stealth)
STOCK For NOW

Past: 2010 Ranger 800 XP
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 GPScape
2003 Honda XR650R
1998 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4X4
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

Luckily I haven't had much warranty work done on mine, I couldn't imagine buying a new rig, then parking it for up to a month to get it fixed. That is the definition of a nightmare!

2013 Sportsman 500 H.O.
Next rig coming soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast

I saw a guy on another post that his dealership wanted $1300 worth of setup fees, that's ridiculous! So I wanted to kind of see if you guys dealt with any of that garbage...

2013 Sportsman 500 H.O.
Next rig coming soon!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM
ATV Enthusiast

https://www.polarisatvforums.com/foru...-go-there.html

2014 Sportsman 570 EFI Camo, KFI Stealth winch, KFI mount, 3 headlight mod, HD front springs, Cycle Country Plow

2002 Suzuki V Strom DL1000
2002 Harley Super Glide (sold)
2003 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2000 Yamaha Grizzly 600 (sold)
2001 Yamaha Beartracker 250 (the wife's sold)
2000 Yamaha Wolverine 350 (sold)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

got a large puncture in one of the tires on my 850 touring.. went to the dealer and said I need a new oem tire and asked him to order it.. he was looking it up when he stopped and asked me to describe the puncture.. I told him about it and he got on the phone and called a local tire repair shop that does vulcanizing.. He sent me down there and $20 and a day later my tire was repaired stronger than new in the area where it had been punctured.. These guys just take the tire off the rim and grind out the area to rough it up, then they melt new rubber into the wound and its better than new.. I was ready to pay $200 for a new oem tire but the guy helped me fix rather than replace which is a lost art these days..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Well I have no repair stories, but I went to the nearest Country Equipment (Polaris Dealer) and was looking around when I got to talking to the (one and only) sales guy. I was trying to get him decipher the price tags on the floor models which all have some add ons on them. I got to asking him what the prices of them are with nothing else and he went and got his list. When he told me $5800 otd with no fees for a 2014 570 EFI I was a little confused since the MSRP is usually $6499. Apparently he pretty much sells them for list plus whatever incentive is at the time (In this case $700 under MSRP). I took my 2000 in for the trade in, got the financing done, and was out of there in about an hour total. Sweet deal and they are on my way to/from work so if anything happens I can drop it off easy!

"Beating Texas, so easy a caveman can do it."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 AM
ATV Enthusiast

I would not call it the worst experience but strange experience. Went to two dealerships one sold Can Am (i was thinking of an Outlander) the other Can Am and Polaris. Both did not seem to care that i told them i would be purchasing within the month. Both did not want to mention the rebates. Neither mentioned any kind of deal on the machine or accessories. The CanAm dealer told me he would work up a price and get back to me. When he did, it was full MSRP for machine and plow, plus $300 dealer setup fee. Guess he thought i could not add numbers from the CanAm web site.

Went to another Polaris dealer. Was greeted by someone who came out to me and answered questions, told me about the rebate and offered me a discount on all accessories including plow. Offered a test ride. I loaded the 570 up with everything i wanted, and he made a customer for life.

Funny thing, two days ago i got a voicemail on my cell from the CanAm dealer. It was a month after i was interested in the Outlander.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode