570 Question vs.... - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

570 Question vs....

Okay, I am new to this Forum and hoping to enter the world of ATV ownership. From what I have seen on this forum so far I really appreciate the honesty and fairness to other brands and that it's not just a let's bash everything else because it's not 'my' brand.

That said, I am looking to buy my first ATV and have done a fair bit of research online. I am in the military and will be buying my ATV from my home state in order to avoid paying higher taxes/fees in the state I am in (and have family visiting who will bring it down). With that, I am also unable (without a fair bit of travel to actually test ride them at a dealer--which would be the best answer to this situation, I know). I have a good friend and some family who have been helping me back home when it comes time to buy.

So, sorry for the long intro--but I have some questions about the 570 which is what I am strongly leaning towards. My questions are this. I am concerned about reliability #1. I hear nothing but praises about the Grizzly and Honda (most "Japanese" built actually) and their reliability. I'm curious if there is an honest and legitimate difference in Polaris, specifically the 570 "value" line and the reliability I can expect from it vs. the other major brands or the XP line of Polaris for that matter.

Second, while I expect to use this ATV for a myriad of reasons, I also expect the most serious use of it will be when I go deer and elk hunting in the mountains of Idaho. Some are pretty steep and I would appreciate feedback against that factor. Will I wish I had engine braking to help slow me down as I am hauling out a deer? I have heard that the 570 doesn't have engine braking. I hear very little about the braking system on this or really in general when it comes to ATV reviews. Mostly its about power and ride quality.

Any real world experience/feedback will be very appreciated. No need to be dishonest, but I am looking to be pushed over the edge of buying this thing

Last edited by Dizz1812; 03-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Generally speaking,
Any machine is only going to be as reliable as the person operating/maintaining it. If there was the perfect ATV, we would all own it.

I have owned Yamaha's, Honda's, Suzuki's, Polaris's and never found one to be more or less reliable than the other. I actually had the worst luck with the Honda's as far as break downs, but anything mechanical can and will break. Not saying honda is bad, just my experience with them wasn't good. I will say that Polaris has a higher maintenance requirement, but you gotta pay to play and Polaris outperforms all the Japanese bikes IMO. If you get yourself a new 570 it should give you many miles/hours of reliable service. Be good to it and it will be good to you.

Josh "FUSE"

2017 Sportsman XP LE 1000 Matte Copper
-Polaris F&R Ultimate Brush Guards, Polaris Winch

2015 Sportsman 570 SP LE Black Pearl
-Polaris F&R Brush Guards, Polaris Winch

2014 Ranger 900 XP LE Deluxe Nuclear Sunset Orange
-Lots of Mods/Accessories

1989 Yamaha 350 Big Bear 4x4 - all original
Past ATV's, All Great Machines
2014 Sportsman 850 LE Pearl White
2013 RZR 800 LE Nuclear Sunset
2013 Sportsman 500 HO Bright White
-july 2014 atv of the month
2008 Sportsman 300awd LE Pearl White
1995 Xplorer 400 Green
1992 Honda Fourtrax 300 Blue
1986 Yamaha Moto4 225 Blue
1986 Honda Fourtrax 350 Red
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Premium Member

honestly the 570's are becoming one of the best quads Polaris is producing. every one that has one stands tall on them. as far as value line series goes the 570 has been tweaked with better ergos, eps, and a dohc engine. I know yami, handa, and Suzuki make some pretty reliable bikes and the value line of Polaris can go toe 2 toe in reliability with these manufactures. we all have heard the knock on Polaris reliability but to put it perspective when they introduced the xp line there was a learning curve. couple that with almost to much horse power and the best 4x4 system for a modest price and sh!t breaks. the "reliable manufactures" just don't produce neck snapping, fly bye the seat of ur pants, thrill rides that leave a grin ear to ear on ur face. back to the 570. if reliability is ur # 1 concern the 570 will not disappoint. as a bonus u will get the best 4-wheel drive system and far superior handling, ergos, and ride comfort out of the 570. I have an 800 w/o ebs and been down some knarly black trails at HMT and locally and never felt concerned about the bikes ability to stop. I also don't have eps but everyone that does will never be without it so whatever choice u come to seriously consider getting it. good luck and thank you for your service to our country.

2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
GURU front brush guard
GURU rear brush guard
Polaris front lock n ride cargo box
Polaris rear rack extender
Warn RT 3.0 winch w/amsteel synthetic line
Viper aluminum haus fairlead
Polaris front spring adjusters
Ricochet a-arm guards
Ricochet full frame skid plate
ITP T-7 beadlock 14" w/OMF inner rim guards
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x9 front
Maxxis big horn 2.0 26x11 rear
QSC clutch kit
EPI HD springs front n rear
ODI rogue 130mm grips
Ultraseal commercial grade tire sealant (front)
Highlifter tire sealant (rear)
CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
added 7 zerks
beefed up wiring harness
OGIO rear bag
ROTOPAX 1gal. + 2gal. gasoline can
Jccapri bushing kit
Kolpin Over Fenders
Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood
Walker Evans struts
NGK Iridium's (2,500 miles on Champion's and they looked great!)
Odyssey Extreme battery PC545

2018 Sportsman® 570-T
2019 Aluma® A8818
2020 Outlander® 1000R XXC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

No matter what brand you decide on make sure its efi. Power steering is great but not needed. If your mainly deer hunting and some trail riding thrown in you will be happy with the 570. Having owned all brands. The polaris has the best ride. I guess the biggest thing that will help you out for reliability is to not store it in the elements. There's a lot of electrical components on the new machines. Thank you for your service!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 02:32 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

My 570 EPS in camo is a sweet machine. I was thinking my machine had engine braking. I will do some checking to see if I can confirm that.

Check out this link.
https://www.polarisatvforums.com/foru...-570-camo.html

Last edited by loosemoose; 03-15-2014 at 02:46 AM.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I checked my sales brochure and it says the 570 touring and camo in the single seater have engine braking.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 04:03 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

If you navigate trough steep hill or décents. get an atv with ebs. I tried both the xp and the 570, the biggest downside to the 570 for me was lack of ebs (white model) wich is needed for my type of riding and trails. Japanese bikes are the most reliables and need the less maintenance. Polaris have the best ride, performances and eps on the market but it all depend what are your priorities.

What are they? Low cost of maintenances and easiness to do? ride? power?
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 04:18 AM
ATV Enthusiast

I have the 570 in white and will be taking it to Wy for Elk. The AWD system i feel is the best and needed for what we are going to do with it. Also, I dont know what the trails are like in Idaho but if they are anything like Wyoming, DONT but an ATV with a straight solid axel as you will be catching just about every rock. ALso check for ground clearance on the machine. I went with the EPS, after last year riding the "trails" in WY my arms were like rubber. When i watch outdoor shows i like to see what equipment the locals are using. I watched a show where the host went on a Musox hunt in the artic. THe machines i saw used by the natives were Polaris and Can am's. Hope this give you something to think about.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for your replies as they have really helped me. I didn't realize that some models did / did not have the Engine braking system! I was already teetering on getting the touring model to make the ride better for my wife, I think now knowing it has EBS has made the decision easy.

I can't see that any of the Touring 570s come with power steering. Not the biggest issue for me but does anyone know if that is very difficult to add on later down the road?
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
The touring will make those steep sections that much more stable too with the longer wheelbase.

"There are no problems. There are only Solutions. It's your job to find the right one.

2017 Sportsman 570 Touring EPS
3500 lbs Polaris winch with Synthetic Rope
Front Utility Rack
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips

2007 Hawkeye 300 17HP of gutless glory
25" STI Black Diamond ATRs
Pure Polaris Deluxe front Brush guard
Pure Polaris hand guards
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips
4" LED on the pod
8" LED light bar on the front bumper.
Badlands 2500 lbs. winch w/remote and Kong winch saver.
Full Aluminum Skid plate and A-arm guards(custom built)
Pure Polaris Front rack extension
Quadworks Stage 1 power kit
  • K&N Highflow reusable filter
  • Quadworks highflow prefilter
  • Dynojet kit
2" rear spring spacers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Tags
grizzly, hunting, polaris 570, what to buy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode