(2015) Sportsman 1000 or Scrambler 1000? - Page 11 - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!
 
SportsmanXP1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport7 View Post
Soooo you get all hell bent and decided to write novels because I chose the word "remarkable" when you felt I should have said "minimal".
I'm a newb to the forum with few posts, why do you care so much what I think...?
I didn't mean to bruise egos of those with Sportsmans.
I've said all along they both have they're place. They're different quads to accomplish different things.
you've had your fair share of novels and i certainly don't have a bruised ego. i paid much less for my sportsman and could still upgrade to the fox shocks and come out spending less while having more so why would that hurt my ego any?? you are new to the forum but when you come on here and basically accuse members of spreading false/incorrect information, it will piss them off and we will speak out.

i think you had your ego bruised when you presented your information on why the scrambler is so much better and got educated on why the majority of it is false. i said that the remarkable difference you felt between them was mostly in your head and you got defensive talking about irrelevant specs and still insisting that there was a world of difference between them which is completely false. regardless of the evidence put in front of you, you kept bringing up different scenarios to try validating your claim, none of which proved nothing other than what was said all along which is that they are very close in comparison, especially when it came to the original reason for this topic.

the sportsman and scrambler do both have their place and they are both badass atvs but when you examine them closer, they are really no different other than to carry cargo and stay cleaner which has very little impact on their performance. i've seen first hand a similar debate go down between the can am renegade and the outlander. we had a guy insist that the outlander didn't stand a chance against the more sportier renegade because it was heavier. they too are pretty much the same quads after you remove the bodies. not only was there little difference between them but the outlander spanked the renegade which was impossible according to the guy who had the renegade.
SportsmanXP1000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!
 
SportsmanXP1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport7 View Post
I think once the Sportsman 1000 is released with Fox shocks it will go from a remarkable difference to a minimal difference. Lol
believe it or not, the fox shocks that come on the polaris aren't much better than the regular shocks them. this another reason why the handling difference isn't going to be night and day between them. i've compared my buddy's 2014 LE to my 2013 LE without the fox shocks and there was hardly any difference at all. they are indeed better, but minimally. now you can get out your specs sheet and call BS on me but there are already multiple existing threads on that discussion. hell, even the single stage Elkas are better than the polaris fox shocks. now, if you were to add a set of stage 3 or stage 4 Elkas.....
SportsmanXP1000 is offline  
post #103 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Polaris ATV Legend
 
autosport7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanXP1000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport7 View Post
Soooo you get all hell bent and decided to write novels because I chose the word "remarkable" when you felt I should have said "minimal".
I'm a newb to the forum with few posts, why do you care so much what I think...?
I didn't mean to bruise egos of those with Sportsmans.
I've said all along they both have they're place. They're different quads to accomplish different things.
you've had your fair share of novels and i certainly don't have a bruised ego. i paid much less for my sportsman and could still upgrade to the fox shocks and come out spending less while having more so why would that hurt my ego any?? you are new to the forum but when you come on here and basically accuse members of spreading false/incorrect information, it will piss them off and we will speak out.

i think you had your ego bruised when you presented your information on why the scrambler is so much better and got educated on why the majority of it is false. i said that the remarkable difference you felt between them was mostly in your head and you got defensive talking about irrelevant specs and still insisting that there was a world of difference between them which is completely false. regardless of the evidence put in front of you, you kept bringing up different scenarios to try validating your claim, none of which proved nothing other than what was said all along which is that they are very close in comparison, especially when it came to the original reason for this topic.

the sportsman and scrambler do both have their place and they are both badass atvs but when you examine them closer, they are really no different other than to carry cargo and stay cleaner which has very little impact on their performance. i've seen first hand a similar debate go down between the can am renegade and the outlander. we had a guy insist that the outlander didn't stand a chance against the more sportier renegade because it was heavier. they too are pretty much the same quads after you remove the bodies. not only was there little difference between them but the outlander spanked the renegade which was impossible according to the guy who had the renegade.
Differences stock to stock, can we agree without the winch the sportsman weighs 77lbs more, and we can also agree the scrambler has the fox suspension.
A suspension you don't feel is all that superior, but I say that can be debunked as soon as you ride them back to back. After all the Podium shocks are 18 way adjustable for riding style, weight of rider, and type of riding to be had.

Let's just say we are on a 1 mile course where you can avg 8 miles per hr. Let's just say for arguments sake the difference from a Scrambler to a Sportsman is only a 1/4mph on avg around this course, seems realistic and "minimal" right...
Well after 8 laps, or 8 miles, or an hours worth of riding, however you want to view it, the Sportsman would be a 1/4 of a mile, or a 1/4 of the course, or 1,320' behind.
So the scrambler does 8 miles and the sportsman does 7-3/4 miles in 1 hr.

Seems a bit more marginal now doesn't it...? I just don't think people realize the differences in weight and handling between the two machines. You're right, on paper no big deal, real world, real riders, makes a bit more of a difference.

No different than the scrambler being out of its element in an attempt at a pulling competition. I could sit here and argue on paper they are the same and the difference is minimal, when I know it's not.

End novel.
autosport7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #104 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 02:54 AM
Polaris ATV Legend
 
autosport7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanXP1000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport7 View Post
I think once the Sportsman 1000 is released with Fox shocks it will go from a remarkable difference to a minimal difference. Lol
believe it or not, the fox shocks that come on the polaris aren't much better than the regular shocks them. this another reason why the handling difference isn't going to be night and day between them. i've compared my buddy's 2014 LE to my 2013 LE without the fox shocks and there was hardly any difference at all. they are indeed better, but minimally. now you can get out your specs sheet and call BS on me but there are already multiple existing threads on that discussion. hell, even the single stage Elkas are better than the polaris fox shocks. now, if you were to add a set of stage 3 or stage 4 Elkas.....
Lol you seem to be letting lose a bit here and I feel we can finally be e-friends.... No.... Too soon? Lol

Listen man, I had no intention of starting off my Polaris ATV forum debut with an argument. I have a long history of being on forums with respect to cars, long time enthusiast, and I would like to earn a position on here with you guys as a helping hand when I can, and to learn as much about Polaris as I can. I meant no disrespect.
Please allow me to tuck my balls back in, agree to disagree and just appreciate that you are also a passionate enthusiast. My apologies if I came off as a prick.
Hell if we ever catch up on some trails, I'll even buy ya a beer (once we are done riding of course!)

Last edited by autosport7; 11-13-2014 at 03:31 AM.
autosport7 is offline  
post #105 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Polaris ATV Legend
 
indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern Mn.
Posts: 1,912
LETS SEE YOU ARE NEW, yep and recently bought a Scrambler have less then a hundred miles on it and you put a plow on a (as you say it) a far better machine, what the heck, that makes you a expert on facts, who the heck blew all this smoke up your ass, new and unfamiliar with the new Quad, and a expert rider and a engineer already Wow we can hardly wait till you have 110 miles on it, you will be saying Polaris engineers are calling you for advice how to build a woods racer
well i will give you this
you are a comic
indy

INDY LIKES PICS
2015 1000 Sportsman
2005 500 Sportsman
Yamaha 225 3 wheeler, the boys still love it
indy is offline  
post #106 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 04:31 AM
Polaris ATV Legend
 
autosport7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy View Post
LETS SEE YOU ARE NEW, yep and recently bought a Scrambler have less then a hundred miles on it and you put a plow on a (as you say it) a far better machine, what the heck, that makes you a expert on facts, who the heck blew all this smoke up your ass, new and unfamiliar with the new Quad, and a expert rider and a engineer already Wow we can hardly wait till you have 110 miles on it, you will be saying Polaris engineers are calling you for advice how to build a woods racer
well i will give you this
you are a comic
indy
Im a comic....?
It takes one lap on a multi faceted course with each machine to know the differences between the two. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.
I don't have a plow on it... I have one on order for when I need it.
No smoke, no mirrors, just good old fashion riding. Civil is my trade actually..... but I am certain Polaris has everything under control, no need to call me.

I will get back to business courses brought up earlier by a fellow member...
Sportsman is the workhorse that has brought Polaris to be placed on the map, no doubt! One of the best machines, if not the best machine in its class.
Then someone mentioned that, Sportsman is the best, why do you think they make only a handful of Scramblers....
Well this doesn't mean the Scrambler is a lesser machine, it merely means that because Polaris is smart, they did their research. They know the market for the Scrambler is small. They also know the market for the Sportsman is huge! They realize the task in charging more for a quad that is similar to a Sportsman wont get many buyers from the Sportsman to make the switch. So what they decided was to target the small percentage of riders who are willing and able to make the switch from sport quad to "Sport/Utility Hybrid", that want the ability to blaze the trails with an MX style suspension and less weight, but yet are capable of mudding and or riding in snow with 4wd.

This is no different than say Ford who offers the F150 (the workhorse), They know the market is small to put the Raptor into production so they don't make near as many. But, and this applies to the Scrambler as well, for them to manufacture them, they have to get a return on their money so the cost escalates to ensure the return is there due to the lack of production qtys.
Simple economics really.
autosport7 is offline  
post #107 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast
 
TrailSeeker2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 87
Guys calm down, there's no reason to argue over this! I just bought me a 2014 sportsman 850 eps so you know what? Deal with it autosport7! Stop getting butt hurt over what 1000 is better. You keep talking about full size cars..what the hell?! That has nothing to do with atvs! Yeah aha a corvette has what..450-500 horsepower depending and yet you say.."if you take a 100 pounds off.." Well no sh!t, it'd be the same as with a 100 pounds, it all depends on the driver and how hard you are going to push it! Just calm down! There's no point in arguing over this! I orginally made this thread asking about 1000's, and I bought an 850 which Im going to turn it into a 1000 one of these days or even more powerful than a 1000...so just stop!

2014 Polaris Sportsman 850 EPS HO XP
- Big Gun EXO slip-on, Polaris Front brushguard, KFI 2500 lb winch.

2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
- Polaris Front brushguard, that's it..all stock!

2003 KTM 200 MXC
- Used for trail riding
TrailSeeker2 is offline  
post #108 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Polaris ATV Legend
 
autosport7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailSeeker2 View Post
Guys calm down, there's no reason to argue over this! I just bought me a 2014 sportsman 850 eps so you know what? Deal with it autosport7! Stop getting butt hurt over what 1000 is better. You keep talking about full size cars..what the hell?! That has nothing to do with atvs! Yeah aha a corvette has what..450-500 horsepower depending and yet you say.."if you take a 100 pounds off.." Well no sh!t, it'd be the same as with a 100 pounds, it all depends on the driver and how hard you are going to push it! Just calm down! There's no point in arguing over this! I orginally made this thread asking about 1000's, and I bought an 850 which Im going to turn it into a 1000 one of these days or even more powerful than a 1000...so just stop!
Deal with what...? The fact that you bought an 850? Now what would make you think I care what you buy...?
I didn't get "butt hurt" for one second. I merely stood behind my claims and provided information that supported them.
The car comments as I stated may have diverted the thread a bit, for that I apologize, but the intent of the point was there and proved my point.
The point that less weight and better suspension on an otherwise identical machine would allow for one to out perform the other. That was all I stated and I got ripped apart for it. I never lost my cool, not once, so not to worry about me and my feelings. lol
Talk about losing cool, you sir, have gone off the deep end. And talk about mentioning the obvious, no kidding the driver makes the difference, if (2) separate drivers are operating (2) separate machines. I am talking about (1) driver, (2) separate machines.
I also apologized if I offended anyone if you read on. Was never my intent. Im over it, so your post was a bit late, but all good.

Congrats on your new purchase btw. All in good fun bro. :thumbsup:
autosport7 is offline  
post #109 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast
 
TrailSeeker2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Deal with what...? The fact that you bought an 850? Now what would make you think I care what you buy...?
I didn't get "butt hurt" for one second. I merely stood behind my claims and provided information that supported them.
The car comments as I stated may have diverted the thread a bit, for that I apologize, but the intent of the point was there and proved my point.
The point that less weight and better suspension on an otherwise identical machine would allow for one to out perform the other. That was all I stated and I got ripped apart for it. I never lost my cool, not once, so not to worry about me and my feelings. lol
Talk about losing cool, you sir, have gone off the deep end. And talk about mentioning the obvious, no kidding the driver makes the difference, if (2) separate drivers are operating (2) separate machines. I am talking about (1) driver, (2) separate machines.
I also apologized if I offended anyone if you read on. Was never my intent. Im over it, so your post was a bit late, but all good.

Congrats on your new purchase btw. All in good fun bro. :thumbsup:
Well I'm glad we're on the same page about this, my post was late because I got an email about your previous post and I had no idea what was going on at first. I went off because I didn't know what was going on and I get tired of people arguing over forums in general..not just this forum. I think fighting over the internet is so low and not right. But anyway, it over. Thank you for the compliment, Have a good day!

2014 Polaris Sportsman 850 EPS HO XP
- Big Gun EXO slip-on, Polaris Front brushguard, KFI 2500 lb winch.

2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
- Polaris Front brushguard, that's it..all stock!

2003 KTM 200 MXC
- Used for trail riding
TrailSeeker2 is offline  
post #110 of 121 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Polaris ATV Legend
 
chronix79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanXP1000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronix79 View Post
In case you missed the title of the thread it pertains to the two quads I compared so it seems you are the one who is a little confused. I've never ridden an 850 so I have no clue what they are like, but the 2014 850 le models of each are closer to each other than the 2015s.

When kitted out the same the quads are pretty much the same, a blind man can see that. But the first post of yours on this thread is calling someone out for saying the scrambler 1000 is more nimble and handles better than the sportsman 1000, which if you take them off the showroom floor, is hands down the truth.
i think you need to go back over the entire discussion that led to the topic of there being little difference between them. the original poster noted that he would be doing mud bogs and such and would require adding a winch to the scrambler for what he intends to do with it, thus there being little difference between them. he said noting about doing any type of woods racing or all out assaults through woods courses. autosport is the one who stretched that statement by saying there is a night and day difference between each quad. for all intensive purposes, if you're gonna be doing nothing but balls out woods riding through a course, your first move is to ditch the winch. he also stated that he has a winch installed on his so that whole stock form and 77lb difference went out the window.

i'll ask you again..... when polaris releases a sportsman 1000 with fox shocks like the 2014 850 LE, do you feel there will be a remarkable difference between them or do you think they will be pretty much the same quad other than 22lbs? i'll even go a step further and ask you another question. the 2014 scrambler 850 does not come with the fox shocks but the 2014 did, does that mean that they are no longer the same quad??? i think you're picking up on where autosport started spewing his ridiculous assumptions instead of the entire thread.
Look here bud, I'm going to make this simple for you since you seem to be a little slow...I HAVE ALREADY SAID MULTIPLE TIMES THAT ON PAPER THEY ARE VERY, VERY CLOSE TO THE SAME QUAD...Happy yet? In case your'e not, I'll caps it one more time for you...ON PAPER THEY ARE VERY, VERY CLOSE TO THE SAME QUAD. I was not trying to argue with your simple ass but you keep pushing the same thing you have already said...over and over and over. YES!!! They are practically the same quad, and AGAIN, a blind man can see that.

As far as assumptions, it is you making the assumption that I actually agree with Autosports views. I know they are extremely close to the same quad and will perform almost identical when modified to be equal. A 2014 sportsman 850 le & 2014 scrambler le ARE the same quad when plastics, wheels and the winch are removed, but YOU were the only one to ever say anything about comparing the 850s. Everybody else is busy comparing the 1000s and you come out of left field with 850 comparisons? How about you read the entire thread and then maybe you can make some informed comments and actually join the discussion everyone is having on 1000cc quads.


2014 Scrambler 1000 xp
  • R2C Filter
  • NGK Spark Plugs
  • Cecco Front & Rear A-Arm braces
  • Cecco Pinion Cover
  • 26" Bear Claw HTRs
  • Garage Products Bushings
  • Flexx Bars
  • 2" Rox Risers
  • Elka Stage 4 Shocks
  • Sirius Pro 10" Light bar
  • American Star 12mm Tie Rods
chronix79 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sportsman 1000 vs Scrambler 1000 ? pingwin Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 10 08-26-2015 10:58 PM
On Paper: Sportsman 1000 vs Outlander 1000 XT chronix79 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 12 10-09-2014 08:04 AM
2015 scrambler 1000! PolarisME Polaris Scrambler XP 1000 4 09-07-2014 03:01 PM
Scrambler 1000 vs Rene 1000 Vtprairie Polaris Scrambler XP 1000 31 08-25-2014 03:38 AM
2015 1000 Xp Sportsman BlkPrl1000xp Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 0 08-10-2014 01:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome