Polaris ATV Forum banner

Sea Foam

11K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  tcanderson 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used this seafoam stuff in their buggy, ive used it in some cars and just thought of trying it in my 800.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

#2 ·
Lots and lots. How were you thinking of using it, in fuel, oil or both?

I've used it in motor oil during last 200-300 miles before oil change to help clean out internals.

I use startron as a fuel/alcohol treatment, makes all the small engines fire right up even after long sitting times. Luck and enjoy. :cowboy:

#4 ·
I've used it in the cars by drawing it in a vacuum line then stall it and let it sit for a while. Then when you start it back up you get a lot of white smoke from the t pipes, the cars run better for it. I dont see a vac. Line on either my 500 or 800

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

#5 ·
Follow the instructions on the can. I add it to the fuel in all my small engines and my uncles JD A tractor It can be added to oil also. When I first got my MOSE unit fired up and changed all the oils, I added it to both differentials, the transmission and engine. Just to help flush out any crap that had accumulated there from sitting for so long.

#8 · (Edited)
Around here anyway, a can will run you about 10 bucks. I believe its a 12 oz can, I will have to look. I can look on the can in the shop, but it doesn't take much. Small amount per gallon so a can will last a long time.

Just checked the can. 16oz can. 1oz per gallon of gas. There are other ways to add it to the engine as previously indicated. Easiest way is add it to the fuel in the tank. If you fill the tank and know how much it holds, you can add it that way. Then whenever you fill up you can add the appropriate amount for what you just put in.

#9 ·
Has anyone ever used this seafoam stuff in their buggy...

Any thoughts?
Do I ???

I SURE DO (I swear by the stuff).... every tank or gas can of fuel I burn that contains ethanol (87 & 89 octane) and/or may not get burned in a 1-2 week time period gets a dose / splash!! :fing02:

#16 ·
I think my in-tank fuel filter is slightly plugged. It won't idle and sometimes wont start. When it wont start, I use my hand to form a seal and blow into the gas tank. That works and it starts right up. I just added seafoam. I added about a half can. I think the polaris holds about 2 gal. That make 4 oz per gallon.
Am I right about the 2 gal tank capacity?
Is 4 oz per gal too much? I know its 50% for cleaning and 1 oz per gallon for fuel additive. I'm using it as a cleaner, but its going to run through too. I could let it sit for a day and then siphon some/add more gas if its going to damage the engine at that strength.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.