700 Sportsman - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

700 Sportsman

I have a 2001 sportsman 700 twin come in to me.I am not real familiar with quads but said id look at it. Customer drove it off of the trailer and then later it would crank but no start. Brought into shop and found no spark. After some testing determined stator. Pulled side cover and found where wires attach to stator were burnt off. customer ordered new stator and I installed it. Still no spark. Customer got new rectifier and ignition coil module. Still no spark. I dont know where to turn next. Can anyone give me some advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:58 AM
ATV Enthusiast

If you're dealing with a 700 twin, it's at least a 2002 (first year). They came with a Ducati ignition (junk). Polaris sells an upgrade kit (comes with stator, coil, wiring, etc.), but it's not cheap(around $550).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode