Polaris ATV Forum banner

water in gas

13K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tpsball 
#1 ·
hello, i have a brand new 2011 xp 850, first fill up and water in gas and wont start. Where do i start? need expert advise please. Thanks in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
WELCOME!! Sorry for the problems..

Here is what I would do, first remove, drain it and rinse out tank with fresh gasoline. Then replace tank, fill with fresh fuel and a good additive that combats moisture. I like Sea Foam and STAR TRON

With the new ethanol fuels its more and more common. Because the alcohol is a water magnet. Fuel tanks that are not full and sit for any length of time are prime candidates for this problem.

I use STAR TRON in our boats to combat this moisture.

CW

#3 ·
well, there is more to the story... The kids were riding the Wheeler and ran it very low on gas and put some in from a can that had been sitting outside and probably had a lot of water in it, not condensation like i thought. I removed the sides to look at the tank to see if i could see where the hose comes off the tank but i didn't see a lot. Thanks

#4 ·
You likely cannot see the hose connections untill you unbolt the tank... Everything is tucked up underneath.

If this just happened, its likely there is no damage. Just do as I suggested and you should be fine.

CW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.