Cleaning EPS Connections - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By sportsmandan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Garage
Cleaning EPS Connections

What's the best thing to us when cleaning the EPS connections, would WD-40 be alright? Every time I get into a lot of water on my Sportsman 850 the power steering get's real shaky until it dries out and after the last big ride I went on the check engine light comes on and from the code it show's it has something to do with the power steering so I'm hoping after I clean it well and put some dielectrical grease in it all will be good again. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 07:29 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

they do sell contact cleaner sprays that are inexpensive, like at radio shack or any automotive parts stores, but iíve used wd40 before with no issue, i use q-tips to clean connection well and die electric grease after.
SteveC25 likes this.

2016 Scrambler 1000 xp
GSE single slip on muffler
Direction2 flares

2016 Sportsman 570 non ebs
Direction2 flares
ITP XTR radials
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmandan View Post
they do sell contact cleaner sprays that are inexpensive, like at radio shack or any automotive parts stores, but iíve used wd40 before with no issue, i use q-tips to clean connection well and die electric grease after.
Yeah that's what I was gonna do was spray some WD-40 in it and clean it with q-tips, wish they was a little easier to get though. My powers steering is still working but it's driving me crazy that the check engine light is staying on because of a bad connection. lol I've also got some dielectric grease to put back in them after there cleaned too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode