From the service manual:
1. Place vehicle in "park". Raise and securely support rear of ATV under the frame. Remove both rear wheels.
2. Disconnect the BLACK (negative) battery cable from the battery.
• Side Panels
• Rear Rack/Rack Support
• Rear Cab Assembly
• Left/Right Foot Wells
4. Disconnect the vehicle speed sensor and gear selection switch connectors from the transmission.
5. Disconnect transmission vent hose from the nozzle.
6. Disconnect shift rod end from transmission bellcrank.
7. Remove PVT outer cover, drive and driven clutches, and the inner PVT cover. (refer to Clutch Removal in Chapter 6).
8. Remove fasteners securing upper control arms to stabilizer brackets and transmission brackets.
9. Remove the stabilizer bar links from the upper control arms. Remove lower shock-to-control arm fasteners.
10. Remove both rear drive shafts from transmission.
11 . Remove the fasteners securing the stabilizer assembly to the upper frame.
12. Remove the two mounting bolts that secure the front of the transmission to the frame.
13. Remove all lower transmission mounting fasteners from each side.
14. Remove the upper transmission support bracket completely from the ATV.
15. With the help of an assistant, lift and remove transmission out of rear of frame while pulling the output shaft from the propshaft yoke.
Shop Owner and Mechanic with over 50 years experience