14 Sportsman 570 no start - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

14 Sportsman 570 no start

So I’ve scoured the internet and can’t seem to figure out my issue. I have a 2014 Sportsman 570 that the previous owner let sit for an extended period of time. It has 11.5 hours on it. When I got it I popped a new spark plug on, a new battery, and new fuel and it cranked right up. Ran the ATV for a total of about two hours over the course of a few days and then couldn’t get it started back up.

I checked the fuel pressure and it was low, so I put a new fuel pump in. Pressure is good now, still no start. Pulled the injector and it seemed dirty, so a new injector was put on. Cranked on it and with a little bit of throttle it started up and ran! Ran it for a total of about 10 minutes with no issues and shut it off. There were no problems with it idleing or with throttle while it ran. Changed the oil in it because it had a fuel smell and surprise, won’t start again.

When I try to start it the ATV cranks and will actually fire up for a second or so, but will not continue to run. Seems like it’s not getting enough fuel but I can’t think of anything that would be keeping fuel from getting where it needs to go.

Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 05:49 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Try starting it with starting fluid - see if you can keep it running if you give a spray every now and then into the air intake. If it will run with an external fuel source, you either have a fuel pump, injector, ECM or perhaps something like a CPS failing or failed - might be the battery, stator, wiring, TSS or something else. Plug it in to a computer to find out what is going on.

Shop Owner and Mechanic with over 50 years experience
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Tried it with starting fluid today and same results. Fires up for a second or two then shuts off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Try another new plug - hopefully an NGK, Autolite, Bosch, AC Delco or anything other than Champion

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

I put a new NGK plug in it, but I’ll try another one just in case. At this point I’m just throwing random parts at it to see what works....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:40 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Throwing parts at something will fix it eventually, but I prefer to diagnose the cause before throwing parts.

I think it's time to take it to a dealer with the electronic equipment and trained tech's to pinpoint the problem.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I think I’m going to cave and do that this week.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Solved:

Dealer said it was a problem with the ignition switch... didn’t tell me what problem but it was replaced and now runs like a dream

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode