Polaris ATV Forum banner

Weird sound sportsman 2011 800 efi

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Smithsonite 
#1 ·
Hello all! Is this noise normal that seems to be coming from gear selectors side from engine? In video it somehow boosts the sound, its not that loud what it sounds, however it is clearly hearable. 170 hours on the clock.

https://youtu.be/DQ5Hk4qkpv8

#2 ·
Sounds a little louder then normal but that could be the video, mic, speaker. Did it just all of a sudden get louder?

#3 ·
In video its louder then in real life, alltough you can hear it if you are 10 meters away from engine. Also its cold engine on that, could be piston slap? I have not investigated it when hot. I have not paid attention to that till just few days ago, but that doesnt mean that it wasnt there allways :grin

#4 ·
How long have you owned the machine??

#5 ·
Only for about a month, and driven maybe 5-6 hours max. Everything looks clean and tidy around the engine. I was planning taking it to a dealer for 200hrs service before winter, so should i ask opinion from them? When i called i mentioned about clicking sound, he told me that some of them just do that noise.

#6 ·
Ok so it's starting to make a little more sense!!! Keep an eye on it, make sure your oil level is good, but that's how they are a little loud!!! No big deal!!

#12 ·
Hello all! Is this noise normal that seems to be coming from gear selectors side from engine? In video it somehow boosts the sound, its not that loud what it sounds, however it is clearly hearable. 170 hours on the clock.

Did anything happen to it? I’m having the same issue mine sounds the exact same I’ve been reading people say it’s normal for 800 twins but I have people telling me it’s to loud to be normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.