Polaris ATV Forum banner

800 EFI fuel consumption problem

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  xOUTLAWx 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Last year I bought a brand new Polaris Sportsman EFI 2010. Since, I did 400km (248 miles).

The problem with my ATV is the fuel consumption. Last week end I did a trip of 57 km and the letter "E" is now blinking. Is it normal ? It was a normal trip, normal speed, only me on the ATV.

I just did my first scheduled maintainance so the bike should be in perfect condition.

Thanks for your help!

David

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my first langage.

#3 ·
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

My 700 will get some pretty bad mileage if I am pushing it and having fun... say 50 miles to the tank. (Until its flashing E) But if I am riding easily, not accelerating fast and going easy it will see close to 70.

Pops 550 will do that regardless of how he rides... many times he rides exactly as I do and he almost always has two full bars more then me at the time I re fuel.

For me, its simply the price for more power...

CW

#4 ·
It is normal for these 800's to go through fuel like it is their job.

#5 ·
I was wondering the same thing. I've got a 2010 800 efi and it's horrible on fuel. I went out this weekend and I'd be at about half tank and only around 15 miles on it. I'm gonna change all the filters and do all the service and see if it gets better. I just think 15 miles or less on a half tank is a little much. But if that's how it is then oh well cuz it's not going anywhere. I wouldn't trade it for any other atv out there.

#6 ·
This is normal on this bike. My 2011 does the same thing...its kinda like buying a full size truck, its not gonna get the gas milage of a hybrid by any means. haha. Anyway, just take extra gas and let those horses sing!

Matt

#8 ·
My '07 Sportsman 800 gets on average 60 mpg to a tank of fuel. That's just the Nature of the Beast!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.