Polaris ATV Forum banner

Carb problems on Polaris Predator 500.

9K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnnyWreck 
#1 ·
I jetted my carbs on my quad to the proper elevation, but I took it to Waynoka and no matter the temperature my four wheeler runs fun and doesnt bog. As soon as the quad hits normal temp it idles fine but when giving it throttle it cuts and dies. it always fires right back up. Also I noticed a large amount of air shooting into the carb, so I got new fuel line, and clamps to make sure it sealed. I checked my gas cap for blockage, but it was good. In my last ditch effort im gonna try to buy a decent aftermarket carb. Is this a good idea? What are some tips to correct this problem?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Any way to bump the timing a bit??? Do you have a performance CDI on your quad?? They do help.

#4 ·
Have you looked at your plug for its color??? Kinda sounds like a fuel thing in the midrange. that would be the needle in the centerwith the clip adjustment. If your plug is black raise the needle, if it's grey lower it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.