Polaris ATV Forum banner

Keeps trying to start

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RENOBADBOY 
#1 ·
New to the Forum & look forward to corresponding with what I have learned over the years..

I have a Sports 700 Twin Year 2005. When I shut it off it keeps trying to turn over & run. When its running I can hear a constant humming I believe its what ever turns the motor over. Anyone else seen this problem before or know what needs to be replaced. I dont think its the starter becsue the Quad does in fact start.

Thoughts for me please.

#2 ·
You either have fatly wiring or a bad start solenoid. You're going to need a multi-meter and a wiring diagram if you can get your hands on one.

First thing I would want to check is if the solenoid is constantly feeding power to the starter, and if that is because it's getting a constant signal from the from the ignition switch.

Meaning you have to figure out what wire goes hot when you turn the key to "start", and if that wire is hot all the time.

#5 ·
2005 700 EFI starter issues

I can get a hold of a Multi meter this is not a problem. Now a wireing diagram is another story & how to read it. Ill ask a few people & see if they can help.

Thanks for the info.

It is an EFI so the PDM where is this any clue or idea ILL look on line a little later & see if I can find wiring diagram or information.

I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop from trying to start. When it was started it ran on just had a constant running wineing sound.

#6 ·
Sounds like the solinoid has welded itself together. Happens sometimes. Smack it with a hammer should knock it loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.