Polaris ATV Forum banner

1995 425 magnum no fuel

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  valkberry 
#1 ·
I need help.....425 magnum died, would not restart, plenty of fire, gas to the carb but gas stops there. No gas to the plug. The fuel pump has been bypassed quite some time ago and ran fine until last week. I've cleaned the carb as I saw fuel leakage on the ground. Re-installed with no signs of life. Have used starting fluid into the airbox and directly into the plug hole. Still nothing. Any suggestions (besides a match,which I have considered) would be greatly appreciated !!!

#4 ·
Russ C...strangest thing, I got discouraged yesterday and walked off. A few minutes ago, I went to the shop and guess what? Yep..started right up and sounded great. I did plug the battery tender up to it before I left yesterday. Could that have been the trouble? Still...it was not getting gas to the plug. Kinda scares me when vehicles fix themselves.

#6 ·
Thanks Russ...shut off is working fine...no blockage..the thing started ok again today. I noticed that if you use the choke...it may or may not start. Better chance of it starting w/o using the choke. I think you're right about the fuel pump. It's my brother's so I will suggest a purchase. Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.