Polaris ATV Forum banner

"Advanced" stator question.. '08 500 X2

Tags
stator
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Coaslip 
#1 ·
Hi folks, anyone who knows alot aboit stators ? Here we go:

For the last half year i have been having charging problems ,and have replaces almost everything in the charging system but no go. I've replaced stator , battery and PDM. No go. Still no charge - well there is a tiny tiny charge, but not much and the voltage never goes past 13v when riding, seldom over 12v even. I've installed a voltmeter to monitor voltage during riding. Running with my xenons on discharges the battery more than it will charge so that is out of the question.

Today i took it apart an followed the service manual to diagnose what the problem may be. I do not own an amperemeter so i had to skip those tests measuring amps , but i do know for a fact that it does not charge very well. it came to the point where you measure beetween the different yellow wires coming from the stator. It measures with consistant values between coils a - b, b-c and a-c : 0.9 ohms, but its old crappy multimeter so i just check for contiuity. And it also measures fine when i switch to AC and cranck it up, i read uå to 60v AC between all coils above 2000 rpm. But when i measure between the yellow wires , the coils , to ground i do NOT get an open circut , get a short, witch is opposite to what the service manual says. I opened the crankcase and dissasembled the stator , and measure between the yellow cables (A) and (B) and they are connected -the read 0.6 ohm - should be open ? Do you know if this is correct or have i got a faulty stator ?

Sorry for the poor language... hope you get my point ;)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.