Polaris ATV Forum banner

2011 polaris sportsman 800 efi seem boggy when gave full throttle

18K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  Coolhands800 
#1 ·
Have problem that when I go to give it it seems to bog and not have much power. Ive changed and cleaned plug and air filter not sure why cant get it to go good?
I did find a hose going from the valve cover I think anyway to the air box that had a crack in it and fix it but made no difference. maybe gas? Fuel filter? Im not sure any help please thanks in advance!

#2 ·
What do you mean by boggy? Does it rev high and no power or does it just act like its not getting enough fuel?

#6 ·
Clutch buttons in the secondary likely need to be replaced

#8 ·
If your motor revs fine then you need to make sure you good airflow. Change the filter, make sure the airbox is sealed and that the carb boot has no cracks. The carb needs vacuum to work properly. If it revs to full revs under load but you have no power or speed then you need to pull the secondary off, use snap ring pliers and take apart the clutch to inspect the buttons the helix rides on.

#15 ·
i just replaced the pump on my 700 efi and it would start right up but it was only getting 20psi of fuel , also before that i ecm went bad and was only getting fire to one side of coil , it would run but wouldnt get over 40 mph and had a low idle like 1100 rpms. i got tired of throwing parts parts on it and just took to dealer so they could hook up digital wrench too it and pin point the problem

#25 ·
I know this is old, but mine is doing to same thing. Did you figure out the problem?

#26 ·
Problem was

The problem was the cam shaft in my engine was totally worn smooth (a known problem with there engines) which caused me to have the engine totally rebuilt not even a 1000 miles on it. I took great care of it no mudding or in water and oil changes on time I'll never own a polaris again poor warranty coverage and then don't last.
Same some money stay way from the dealers

#27 ·
Yikes! Thanks for the reply back. That's very unfortunate about your machine. I've had quite a few problems and mine only has 520 miles on it. And I still haven't figured out my problem. Hope it's not the same thing as yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.