2003 Sportsman 600 no start - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

2003 Sportsman 600 no start

First off, new to the board. I did some searching and am still lost. I rolled my wheeler a few months ago and parked it for a while. When it rolled I was able to start it back up and drive it back to my trailer and bring it home. fast forward two months.. Installed new wheels and tires, charged battery and tried starting. it cranked awhile and then started to spit and sputter, gave it some throttle to keep it going and then lost it. After that it will just crank. I pushed it into the garage and started to do some diagnosis. Found no spark. I did the upgrade for the stator and ignition system last fall. Problem I am having is finding any info on test points for the newer CDI box and Stator. I am thinking the charger might have fired the CDI box, but the wiring does not match the stuff listed in the manual I have (official Polaris) any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Welcome to the board!

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

bump?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

anyone? i'd hate to go off aqain just buy new part to try to solve this. would love to find out the root cause
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradofreek View Post
anyone? i'd hate to go off aqain just buy new part to try to solve this. would love to find out the root cause
Could be that the gas went bad and maybe a gas line is clogged or carb is dirty. But try this, put some fresh gas and if you go to your airbox you will see a tube that is connected to the side of airbox thats the crankcase breather put your finger so that the hole where it comes out of is blocked and try starting it.worth a try!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

its fresh gas. Spark tester on the plug lead showed no signs of life.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode