Polaris ATV Forum banner

Headlight Pod O-ring? 2012 Sportsman 500

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mvn 
#1 ·
Hi,
I had to adjust the handlebars and while taking everything apart, I noticed a broken O-ring around the attachment point of the headlamp to the swivel bracket. Is this something I'm going to need? Both sides of the headlamp had either a broken O-ring, or almost broken. It was a mess getting the whole assembly cover on and off, so if I can just leave these O-rings off, I'm going to. I just use the ATV to work on my farm, so I'm not mudding or any of that hard riding. I do an occasional mountain ride in NC, but that's about it.
Thanks for the input.
W

#3 ·
Don't have it in front of me, but maybe a thin bead of silcone might help you out if you can't get a O-ring.

#4 ·
Anyone know the size of the O-rings for the light pod and head lights? If I look on ebay they are outrageously expensive. Some 2.95 for 1. I need 24 of them and not going that route. If I knew the size I can search that and pick up 50 for only 8 bucks. Just don't want to order the wrong size and have something that won't work.

Thanks, Ultra

#5 ·
Just found the size. Does anyone know the difference in material of the O-rings and what will last the longest? EPDM, Viton, Silicone?

#6 ·
go to tractor supply or a hardware store that sells nuts an bolts an such..most have a good selection of O rings...if you have an ACE hardware close by they have them...have got a few from them...

#7 ·
Thanks al53. I went to ace the other day and they only sold them in a packet of 1 for. 69 each. I need 24 so not going take route. I ended up ordering some 206 EPDM ones on eBay last night. 30 for $7. That should take care of all of mine. Thanks for the response.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.