2004 Polaris Predator 90 headlight, taillight, brake light, carburetor. - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
RLD

2004 Polaris Predator 90 headlight, taillight, brake light, carburetor.

My son just purchased a 2004 Polaris predator 90cc. With no high-end I took apart the carb cleaned it all up and put it back together and it runs great. I have a few questions and answers to any would be greatly appreciated.

1. He really wants headlights and I got to be honest I want him to have them as well to make him more visible. I have read lots of threads and would really like it to look factory. It is my understanding that the headlights on a 2006 predator 90cc would fit and would not be too much for the Stator. Although a little pricey I would much rather it looks factory I just want to ensure everything is going to turn out right.

2. There is no taillight only a brake light. As far as I can tell through wiring diagrams the taillight only has two leads leading all the way to it where the tail light plugs in one for ground and one for brake light. This leads me to believe that there was no functioning taillight for this model even though the bulb and socket are capable. Again he would like functioning lights and I would love for him to be more visible when we ride.

3. The above-mentioned brake light only functions with the left brake handle. The right brake handle will not work any lights.

4. Every now and again when he pulls the left brake handle it will kill the ATV. He can immediately restart it again however for the next minute or so if he hits the left break it'll kill the motor. It does not do it all the time it's just an intermittent issue. The bulb in the taillight is a 12V18/5w Which I have read on other threads could be an issue if it was not the correct one. However this is the bulb they recommend you use to fix the problem.

5. The machine runs great I have a little bit of concern that the spark plug is burning black just a light powder on it but I've always been told when they burn black it means it's too rich. The idol is out 2 1/2 turns in the air adjustment approximately three quarters. Everything seems to be running great in that position I just want to make sure I'm not going to cause any damage.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Banned

black plug may be too much 2 stroke oil.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 04:53 AM

Polaris Predator 90 Starts But Won't Run Properly

Sorry for jumping on your thread here but I don't know how to start one of my own I have a Polaris predator 90 and the quad starts first kick and I can put it into reverse and it will drive about not a problem but when I go to put it into drive the quad dies. Does anyone know wut this could be or have experienced the same issue. ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Tags
brake, carburator, headlight, lights, predator 90

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode