2004 Polaris Predator 90 headlight, taillight, brake light, carburetor.
My son just purchased a 2004 Polaris predator 90cc. With no high-end I took apart the carb cleaned it all up and put it back together and it runs great. I have a few questions and answers to any would be greatly appreciated.
1. He really wants headlights and I got to be honest I want him to have them as well to make him more visible. I have read lots of threads and would really like it to look factory. It is my understanding that the headlights on a 2006 predator 90cc would fit and would not be too much for the Stator. Although a little pricey I would much rather it looks factory I just want to ensure everything is going to turn out right.
2. There is no taillight only a brake light. As far as I can tell through wiring diagrams the taillight only has two leads leading all the way to it where the tail light plugs in one for ground and one for brake light. This leads me to believe that there was no functioning taillight for this model even though the bulb and socket are capable. Again he would like functioning lights and I would love for him to be more visible when we ride.
3. The above-mentioned brake light only functions with the left brake handle. The right brake handle will not work any lights.
4. Every now and again when he pulls the left brake handle it will kill the ATV. He can immediately restart it again however for the next minute or so if he hits the left break it'll kill the motor. It does not do it all the time it's just an intermittent issue. The bulb in the taillight is a 12V18/5w Which I have read on other threads could be an issue if it was not the correct one. However this is the bulb they recommend you use to fix the problem.
5. The machine runs great I have a little bit of concern that the spark plug is burning black just a light powder on it but I've always been told when they burn black it means it's too rich. The idol is out 2 1/2 turns in the air adjustment approximately three quarters. Everything seems to be running great in that position I just want to make sure I'm not going to cause any damage.
Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.